Author Topic: Two dogs injured in shooting at Albuquerque dog park  (Read 774 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Two dogs injured in shooting at Albuquerque dog park
« on: May 15, 2018, 01:22:40 PM »
ALBUQUERQUE (KREQ) - Two dogs were injured Friday afternoon after a man opened fire at a dog park near the Country Club neighborhood.

"That's one of the risks you take when you go to the dog park, you have to be prepared for aggressive dogs causing problems," said Park Visitor Justin Flam.

But Flam says usually not aggressive owners. But he and other visitors say that changed Friday afternoon. APD says a man pulled out his gun and opened fire on another dog at Triangle Dog Park on Kit Carson Avenue SE, near the Country Club area. Flam arrived right after police.

Read the rest of the story and see video at: http://www.krqe.com/news/two-dogs-injured-in-shooting-at-albuquerque-dog-park_201803080607121/1020322968
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Two dogs injured in shooting at Albuquerque dog park
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 02:06:48 PM »
NOTHING about dog parks have EVER inspired me to EVER want to take my dog to one.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 02:29:47 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 02:08:46 PM »
APD seized the shooter's weapon. They say he did not have a concealed carry permit. He was cited for that and for having an unneutered dog. Animal Control will also be doing a bite investigation.

I had no idea there were laws that a person HAS to neuter their dog. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 02:18:44 PM »
Some places it's laws, some places it's just a "not allowed" sign. Either way, I was turned completely off when Vlad was still a baby.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: