This And That - Often Non Pet Related Topics > General Discussion

Looks like I'll be eating eggs all week for supper

(1/3) > >>

Middle Child:
Rats. I went grocery shopping and wondered why I didn't have eggs on the list as I was sure I needed them.  When I got home I discovered a whole new unused carton already in the fridge.

So it's going to be eggs for supper nightly this week.

Unfortunately I DID forget BREAD, so no toast with my eggs all week. Bread was on the list, but somehow I still forgot it.  Probably too worried about the eggs.

Sigh.

Lola:
I'll trade you frozen fruit for eggs.  ;)

ThreeStep:
Bake some bread or biscuits, use crackers, go and get some bread, use Amazon same day delivery, bake cinnamon buns and make bread pudding, ...
Eggs actually freeze somewhat ok, omletts keep a couple of days in the fridge and eggs do not go bad in a week.

Middle Child:

--- Quote from: ThreeStep on February 02, 2019, 04:45:54 PM ---Bake some bread or biscuits, use crackers, go and get some bread, use Amazon same day delivery, bake cinnamon buns and make bread pudding, ...
Eggs actually freeze somewhat ok, omletts keep a couple of days in the fridge and eggs do not go bad in a week.

--- End quote ---

I can't make bread pudding, no bread silly!   Silly7

No, I won't go to the store again. That's beyond my capabilities. Since the triscuit were on sale I happened to buy two extra boxes so I can eat egg salad on triscuits a night or two.  I can also have hard boiled eggs in salad a couple of nights. Scrambled eggs CAN be eaten without toast, but it really isn't any fun that way is it? 

No eggs don't go bad in a week, but I normally take 3 weeks to use a dozen eggs, and I have two dozen eggs here. The carton already here expires February 17, and the new carton expires February 22.  I know eggs can be eaten past the expire date and I don't mind for myself, but I don't give my cats expired products, so that first carton has to be used up in a hurry.

--- Quote from: Lola on February 02, 2019, 01:55:32 PM ---I'll trade you frozen fruit for eggs.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Haha!  But the frozen fruits you listed aren't ones I would want.  I already have cherries and blueberries in the freezer. I suppose I could TRY the peaches.  I like peaches but never buy them because I can't pick out good ones.  And I am hesitant to try the frozen ones in case I don't like them. Sometimes I buy a can of them.

ThreeStep:
Knock on a neighbor's door or leave them in the lunchroom at work with a note. You go to the store once a month?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version