Author Topic: Dr Jones found guilty of violating Code of Ethics  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Dr Jones found guilty of violating Code of Ethics
« on: November 21, 2011, 05:51:41 PM »
In his words.

Snip...

By Dr Andrew | November 21, 2011

————————————————————
So what really happened to me you may be wondering?
————————————————————
I resigned from College of Veterinarians of BC on November 30, 2010.
So even though I owned a veterinary clinic, The Nelson Animal Hospital, I couldn’t work in it.
No surgery.
No more examinations of sick dogs and cats.
No more diagnosis of unusual health conditions and no more specific treatment of any kind.
The British Columbia Veterinary Medical Association first began investigating me on Dec 1, 2005.
An inquiry committee was struck – on April 20, 2010 this committee found that I had committed various offences under the Bylaws and Code of Ethics.
I was found guilty of professional misconduct.
The College of Veterinarians of BC met on September 20, 2010. I was fined $30,000, plus required to pay $9,500 for the inquiry committee costs, and told that if I did not take remedial actions within the time limited for doing so, that I would be suspended from membership.
————————————————————
Here is the conclusion of Inquiry Committee’s findings:
————————————————————
Dr Jones was found guilty of violating numerous sections of the Code of Ethics and Bylaws with respect to marketing of his Natural Dog and Cat Health Internet Business.
“ The panel finds that between December 1, 2005 and October 31, 2008, Dr Jones violated ss 8,26,27,97,100 and 104(a),(b), (c), (d), and (e) of the Code of Ethics and Bylaws.
Furthermore, we are concerned that a veterinarian, a professional person, would breach his two written undertakings to the BCVMA.”
The inquiry committee claims:
“ Dr Jones ‘ marketing material is a serious example of his unprofessional behavior in that his marketing material has an all –pervading persistent theme of denigrating other members of his profession in order to draw attention to himself. In his self laudatory statements, Dr Jones’ constant harangue serves to throw the veterinary profession into disrepute.”
You can see the entire report by going to the college of veterinarians of British Columbia website here:
http://www.cvbc.ca/cfm/index.cfm?It=903&Id=33

http://www.theinternetpetvet.com/dr-jones-highest-fines/

The internet is full of support and opposition, concerning Dr. Andrew Jones. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org