Author Topic: Heating Question  (Read 970 times)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
Heating Question
« on: November 24, 2011, 07:36:58 AM »
Is it better, money wise, to turn it way down, during the day, and at night, and turn it up when I am home, or, just put it at one setting, and leave it there?  When I am home, I put it at 70, until I go to bed, then I shut it off, like in the 40's here, I also shut it off when I am at work.  Yesterday, it was like in the 30's, so when I went to work, left it at 60 for them, turned it up when I got home.  If I should leave it at one setting, like when I am work, what is a good setting?  They sleep on the soft kitty blankies on the bed, some under the blankies, during the day, and at night.  cat4 TexasFlag bumpgif   

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
Re: Heating Question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 07:48:27 AM »
We have programmable 4-setting heater thermostats here.. Program them to turn the heat down during the times when the house is empty, and program to turn the heat up about 15-30 minutes before we get home. Definitely a money saver because the heater won't need to do as much work all the time.
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Heating Question
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »
Some electricians say... (And my electric bill agrees.  I'm also all electric.  No fireplace or gas.)
It is best to find a happy medium and stick to it, within a few degrees.  The reason for this is... if you turn your heat way low, and then turn it up way high later, the heater has to work harder re-warming carpets, drapes, etc. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: