Author Topic: City The Kitty Has Been Silenced  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
City The Kitty Has Been Silenced
« on: April 22, 2018, 11:29:16 AM »
From her Facebook account:

Today is Caturday.
It is also day 142 of being silenced for speaking out against declawing and for trying to educate the public about the facts about this inhumane amputation procedure.
This action against is unprecedented, very serious, and wrong. We've been nothing but respectful, truthful, and educational in our campaigns and have ALWAYS asked all of you to do the same. This has been very difficult for my mom in many ways.

This silence only hurts our cause and the poor cats who are having their toe bones amputated.

On May 4th we are having our Do No Harm Day. You can ALL join us, even if you can't attend the rallies in NY or SoCal. Please help us.
Here's the link to more info-

http://bit.ly/DoNoHarmRallies
I also made some cool t-shirts and other items to help get the word out about our cause. You can pick one up here and they should be mailed to you in time for our Do No Harm Day if you get your order in by April 22 -

www.citythekitty.com/shop
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: City The Kitty Has Been Silenced
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 04:57:58 PM »
If I tweet that, do I risk the same (silenced)??? I don't want to get your Twitter account shut down.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 01:23:06 PM »
If I tweet that, do I risk the same (silenced)??? I don't want to get your Twitter account shut down.

Tweet anything you want.  She is still posting.  She is just not mentioning names anymore... as far as I have noticed. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 08:18:38 PM »
They won the suit-or whatever it was called.  I know who it was, I suspected all along, and the post below confirms it, because I was involved in that campaign,   but don't know if I am allowed to say out loud.

https://www.facebook.com/CitytheKittyAdvocateForAnimals/?hc_ref=ARTlNKN7Zmr15ArJPpHrAbYDFTKwa9Xok68WnoTSNE37JFbiJznlikt0Fot8pakHJJ0&fref=nf

City the Kitty Advocate for Animals
4 hrs ·

After 5 months, my silence has officially been lifted.

A declawing animal rescue organization, that we did a respectful and educational campaign about, filed a PPO against us.

I want to thank the ACLU and ACLU of Michigan for helping restore my Catstitutional right of respectful free speech.

From the bottom of my heart, I also thank the 7 lawyers who helped us.
I want to thank the wonderful supporters who donated to help us pay for the transcripts from the hearings.
I am the voice of the voiceless and it is so important that I keep my voice for this cause.
It’s been a very difficult 5 months for us with a lot of sleepless nights and stress filled days.

I again remind you to PLEASE always take the high road and be respectful with your comments to educate people about this barbaric and inhumane amputation procedure.
When you are mean or threatening, it hurts the cause, it’s wrong, and as in this case, it hurts me!

Please follow my posts as this story unfolds.

After this unprecedented victory for cats, my mom and I just want to try to get some much needed rest and sleep.

#PawsNeedClaws
www.citythekitty.com

Tags: