Author Topic: A new complete supplement! - FoodFurLife  (Read 13871 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
A new complete supplement! - FoodFurLife
« on: February 09, 2016, 05:16:00 AM »
http://www.foodfurlife.com/

The women who developed this, and who own the company, are the people who first taught me about raw feeding. 

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:10:11 PM by Lola, Reason: Added info to subject line »

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
Re: A new complete supplement!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 05:09:42 AM »

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 05:48:23 AM »
At Food Fur Life, we believe in simple. Our supplement is designed to make it as easy as possible to feed your pet a complete and balanced diet based on the prey model. All natural, with no fillers, no additives, no thickeners, no flow agents, no preservatives, and GMO-free, EZcomplete fur Cats is designed to nourish your pet the way nature intended.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 06:09:34 AM »
It can only be used with boneless meats.... or am I remembering the info wrong?  Id look myself but I'm at work using my phone. :)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 06:34:01 AM »
Right, use no bones, no organs.  It's for plain muscle meat only.  I plan to use it in rotation with their meat/liver meals and Jennie's bone in meals, not exclusively. They like liver, and Jennie likes bone, too much, I won't take that away from them.

I was thinking I would use it to replace(some of)  the Stella & Chewy meals.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 07:13:34 PM »
Next time I make plans to add something different to the rotation, I will keep this in mind.  Thanks for the info.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 04:57:32 PM »
Taste test!  I put a tiny tiny bit on my finger..just dipped the tip of my finger in the EZ powder....one cat sniffed, then licked daintily, one cat approached suspiciously, sniffed, backed away, sniffed again, then licked..still with suspicion, and one cat tried to take my whole finger in her mouth I don't think she bothered to sniff.  I believe it's safe to say they will all like it when it starts being part of their meals!

I left the names out in case anyone wanted to guess who did what.  funny2

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 09:26:34 PM »
I left the names out in case anyone wanted to guess who did what.  funny2

Okay, I'll play.  "Dainty licker" was Queen Eva, "Miss Suspicious" was Mazy Cat, and "I'll Take the Whole Finger" was Jennie.  Am I close?
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 04:48:10 AM »
You got Jennie correct! Queen Eva is the suspicious licker.  She's suspicious at every meal.  I have no idea why.   funny2

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 09:13:16 AM »
You got Jennie correct! Queen Eva is the suspicious licker.  She's suspicious at every meal.  I have no idea why.   funny2

LOL!

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 04:18:52 PM »
Message posted on the Food Fur Life Website by me, just now, wanted to let you guys know too, but too lazy to write it twice:

Well I thought I'd let you FFL folks know that Mazy cat had her first little meal with EZcomplete in it. Just a small amount, .4 oz of organic non-gmo cornish hen with the correct amount of EZ (thanks Carolina) to accompany it.

The hen was cut up into little slivers, and the meal was given to her in two portions, 10 minutes apart (standard feeding process for Mazy cat). She gobbled it up to the chorus of Jennie and Queen Eva hollering, once they got a whiff of the EZ. (Theirs will come later)

After eating there was none of that crouching I was writing about the other day. No regurgitation, no indication that her tummy was bothered AT ALL.

She had a bit of a wash, but then found she couldn't resist the way Queen Eva was writhing on the floor (the play-with-me-writhe) and joined her in a vigorous Game of Chase-Me-Chase-You. Oh my hopes are high now, ladies, my hopes are HIGH.

PS it's been an hour....if she was going to bring it back up it would have come by now.  The next test is to see how she does with her full meal  (that was her pre-meal) which will be Rad Cat chicken, a batch she's been eating for two weeks with no problems,  served in about 15 minutes. That will be the true test of if it has settled down nicely.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 05:55:32 PM »
That is WONDERFUL!!!!  I am so happy for you and Mazy Cat!

multistars multistars multistars multistars

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 06:32:02 PM »
All is still well. She has had her supper (Rad Cat chicken) ate with normal appetite, no crouching indicative of tummy ache, no regurgitation.  I realize it's early days but I am in tears here, tears of joy and hope. Tomorrow she will have another small meal of cornish hen and EZ.

Thank you Pookie!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 09:44:30 PM »
 fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed :)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 07:30:39 AM »
I still don't plan to use it exclusively though. My idea is to replace canned meals with plain meat and EZcomplete.

This way they still get all their variety.  While the EZ is obviously highly palatable, I don't want all their meals to taste the same.  And...I just prefer a number of sources.

I hope to keep the Rad Cat going, especially for Mazy cat, though I am not hearing good things about the new HHP batches. I have a feeling RC is going to lose a lot of long time customers over this.  Of course they will then get new customers who have no comparison t make, but it makes me sad they've caved this way, given in to the fear of the FDA.

Jennie and Queen Eva will continue to have Stella & Chewy's freeze dried, and the frozen rabbit, in rotation also.

I will also continue with some PMR meals, with liver and alnutrin egg shell calcium, because they love those meals too.