Author Topic: More proof from Mazy cat that there is a difference in organic meat  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
The other night I got things mixed up and somehow ended up offering Mazy cat a meal for supper that was actually Queen Eva's bed time meal.

I had noticed that the meat didn't appear to be ground up for some reason but in my haze of exhaustion I simply snipped it more fine with the scissors and put it in front of her.

The was meat chicken breast with EZcomplete.

When I put it in front of Mazy cat, she took one whiff and jerked back as if I was poisoning her.  Then she Turned and Sat. (her way of saying "this is not something I am going to eat")

I finally realized my mistake, though I still can't figure out how I made it, and prepared her meal with her certified organic non-GMO Project Verified chicken breast.  Once I put that in front of her she ate as usual.

Isn't it something that she could tell the difference between two kinds of chicken breast meat?

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
To be fair, I should explain that the contrast was between grocery store meat brands.  Coleman organic chicken breast and regular store brand chicken breast.

Eventually I hope to be feeding Jennie and Queen Eva meats from Hare Today more than the grocery store.  Hare Today products aren't non-GMO or organic certified so they will never be suitable for Mazy cat, but I am sure the meat is better quality than grocery store meat.

I don't use Hare Today now because I have nowhere to store it.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
I do feed meat from the grocery store, but chicken (ANY kind) isn't one of them.  It was good for a while, but then...
This one (or more) preferred white meat.  That one (or more) preferred dark meat.  This one was okay with x brand.... that one wasn't.  For ME, with 6 cats.... easier to just skip it.   Silly7
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
When I put it in front of Mazy cat, she took one whiff and jerked back as if I was poisoning her.

I swear my Roxy and your Mazy were separated at birth! 

Roxy often gives me "attitude."  She doesn't do change... even if it doesn't affect her physically.   

I buy according to sales and/or cost in general, brand variations that are in the freezer, proteins on hand, etc.  If I don't feed RadCat (for example) for a while... I have to start the whole introductory process over with her.  Only Roxy.  Same with proteins.  She definitely keeps me on my toes!

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
reading this stuff makes me soo glad my two couldn't care less what they eat.
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
reading this stuff makes me soo glad my two couldn't care less what they eat.

Don't add a third one!!!  ;)

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
lol, not even in my thoughts. Although the little 5-week kitten at work is adorable as all get-out.................. :P
Brandon

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
Mazy cat isn't being picky.  She eats organic non-GMO because she HAS to eat it.  She, her body, her digestive system,  cannot tolerate GMO foods, including meat that has been raised with GMO feed.  She isn't finicky at all. 

She just knew that wasn't her food, which on the one hand I find remarkable, but on the other hand this IS Mazy cat we are talking about.  And she is just that in tune. With herself, with me.

Neither Queen Eva or Jennie are finicky either.  They eat any raw meal I offer.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
I swear my Roxy and your Mazy were separated at birth! 

Roxy often gives me "attitude."  She doesn't do change... even if it doesn't affect her physically.   

I buy according to sales and/or cost in general, brand variations that are in the freezer, proteins on hand, etc.  If I don't feed RadCat (for example) for a while... I have to start the whole introductory process over with her.  Only Roxy.  Same with proteins.  She definitely keeps me on my toes!

Like Roxy, Mazy cat has to have slow introductions too, for instance whenever Rad Cat makes a change to their formula.  When they started HPP and this last time when they added the vitamin E. That was a nightmare, but she thankfully did eventually adjust.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Roxy's issues with change are usually mental, not physical. 

Tags: