Author Topic: Mazy cat - on our way to the vet right now  (Read 8139 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Mazy cat - on our way to the vet right now
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 04:54:20 AM »
I'm open to viewing the wound.  It can't be worse than the bowl of Beefaroni.

funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 08:19:46 AM »
How are you today?  How is Mazy?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 01:06:31 PM »
MUCH less pain than I expected.  I did take some super duper ibuprofen at work this morning (I get the 600 mg prescribed) so that is probably why I am not too sore, though the more time i spend on the computer the more it starts to hurt. There was a lot of mail today,plus I had to do yesterday's missed work.  A little rest and I am okay again. I will continue to soak it at night.

I am just home for lunch. that is all for now. :) HeadButt

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 03:57:04 PM »
MUCH less pain than I expected.  I did take some super duper ibuprofen at work this morning (I get the 600 mg prescribed) so that is probably why I am not too sore, though the more time i spend on the computer the more it starts to hurt. There was a lot of mail today,plus I had to do yesterday's missed work.  A little rest and I am okay again. I will continue to soak it at night.

I am just home for lunch. that is all for now. :) HeadButt

The ibuprofen wore off at 3:30.  Holy moly!

Mazy cat is jumping away from her dish and running to her Safe Spot.  I don't know if she is spooked still some how over yesterday (in other ways she doesn't appear to be stressed at all over it) or, as I believe, she has a resorptive lesion and it's hurting her when food lands on the exposed nerve just right. 

I KNOW the symptoms, and this is one of them. Tolly did it too, though he wasn't quite so dramatic about it.

Now she has to wait another 3 weeks to be (hopefully) examined and diagnosed properly.  She will need another dental of course, which means blood work (and more delay of mouth pain).  Which means the E-I blood work will have to wait. (She'll never tolerate two blood draws in one sitting)

My vet called and left a message asking about my finger and reminding me to get the testing info to her so she could look into what will be needed.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 10:13:15 PM »
I can't function AT ALL when under the influence of 600 mg of ibuprofen.  I am amazed you were at work! 
Mazy... carp!  I am so sorry.  I wish yesterday's vet visit had gone better.  For you AND her. 
I'd suggest warming her food a bit, but I am pretty sure you already do that.  Is there any kind of natural something or another that is safe and good lesson the pain... assuming she is having pain? 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 10:24:02 PM »
Nothing to add, really, just sending lots of hugs and purrs to you and Mazy cat.  One suggestion (and DeeDee, feel free to weigh in on this):  perhaps they can do the E-I blood draw while Mazy is under for the dental.  I don't know if the anesthesia would affect the lab results, though.

I really hope your finger feels better, and Mazy eats more.  GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 10:35:32 PM »
perhaps they can do the E-I blood draw while Mazy is under for the dental.

GREAT idea!   DrLisaPiersonWorthy  I sure hope it is doable.   fingerscrossed

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 11:52:12 PM »
One suggestion (and DeeDee, feel free to weigh in on this):  perhaps they can do the E-I blood draw while Mazy is under for the dental.  I don't know if the anesthesia would affect the lab results, though.

I sent MC the email address to Dr Plechner, but for making sure it doesn't go somewhere like his SPAM, I'd fill in the form here http://drplechner.com/contact-dr-plechner/ and ask him myself just to make sure.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 08:58:36 AM »
Nothing to add, really, just sending lots of hugs and purrs to you and Mazy cat.  One suggestion (and DeeDee, feel free to weigh in on this):  perhaps they can do the E-I blood draw while Mazy is under for the dental. I don't know if the anesthesia would affect the lab results, though.

I really hope your finger feels better, and Mazy eats more.  GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes

I was wondering about that too.  I'll add it to the list of questions.

Thanks for the support all of you.

I don't know why I feel the need to post pics of the injury but I'll put them in a separate thread so if you don't want to see them you won't have to. :)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 12:41:22 PM »
I sent MC the email address to Dr Plechner, but for making sure it doesn't go somewhere like his SPAM, I'd fill in the form here http://drplechner.com/contact-dr-plechner/ and ask him myself just to make sure.

Thanks, DeeDee!  Hopefully he'll answer MC quickly and say it's ok to do the blood draw while Mazy's under anesthesia.   fingerscrossed

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 01:38:53 PM »
I've soaked the finger again this morning.  When I let the pain meds run out, the pain is still pretty intense.  Especially when I start doing things.

It has stopped bleeding and I was told to go to bandaids then so it can get air circulation but I am constantly banging it when it just is wrapped in bandaids (that don't go on well or stick anyway)..

So I soak it, then let it air uncovered for a half hour or so, then wrap it back up with the stick free pads, gauze and self adhere wrap.  Wish they made that wrap waterproof some how. If it gets wet it soaks down to the finger immediately and I have to change it.

Pookie to answer your question I am taking Airborne midday, and a zinc lozenge at night, to help boost my immune system.

The wounds area is still very hot, but not oozing or streaking red.

I'd forgotten to start the probiotics to hold off intestinal upset from the meds, but have started them today.  I take and s.boulardii in the morning and a regular probiotic at night.

I'll get back to Mazy cat's stuff later.

Functioning with mostly only one hand is getting old real fast, as is the cramp I am getting from the way I have to hold the left hand.  funny2

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 07:08:23 PM »
Nothing to add... just checking in on ya!

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »
Yesterday afternoon I went for a nice little walk up at the Audubon.  I had to cut up Rad Cat yesterday too, one tub.  My finger was sore and tired last night but feels much better this morning.  The wounds are healing very clean and dry and I've kept it uncovered since soaking it this morning.

I've done a number of little chores and only banged it once which was painful but I've kept it unbandaged.  I wanted to do the color on my roots and I couldn't do it well with the bandage. It's bruised and tender still, and still just a tiny bit warm but not as warm as yesterday.  It heats up when I type so I am not going to type any more at present.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 12:11:31 PM »
I'm glad it's healing well!   :)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2016, 04:29:00 PM »
Don't color your roots while you have an open wound.  Please.  :)

Tags: