Non Species Specific Furkid Topics > Veterinarians

Why Most Vets Still Sell Processed Food And Speak Against Raw

(1/1)

Lola:

--- Quote ---The pet food industry plot was uncovered a long time ago and based on the pages from Applied Veterinary Clinical Nutrition the industry giants are willingly disclosing that "processed pet food sales" are a big business. Andrea Fascetti and Sean Delaney state that "a vast majority of vetrinarians are forced by necessity to concurrently become buisness people."
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The problem is that average veterinary practices earn up to $100K profit from processed food sales. In my opinion, this is the main reason raw food is not recommended by most vets while dog lovers rave about it.
--- End quote ---

I knew there were ties between Purina and Hills and vets.  I knew both companies have a HEAVY presence in vet schools.  I assumed there was a profit in pushing RX "foods" with inferior ingredients, but I had NO IDEA there was such a HIGH profit! 

http://peterdobias.com/blogs/blog/43720261-why-some-vets-still-sell-processed-food-and-speak-against-raw-diet

DeeDee:
Yeah. But only one vet lectures me about raw feeding. The other 2 know I spend a lot of time supplementing raw meat with fruits, vegetables and other supplements like essential fatty acids from sources other than meat--just like the food companies, except mine are still live and haven't had the carp cooked out of them.

That one vet, well I hope she never decides to give a lecture when hubs is there. I still just give her my "I'll think about it. Thought over" look. April's lecture still hasn't left my head. "All the nutritionists I know hate that diet."  Ummm. . .yeah, and all the nutritionists you know are from those companies that are selling overpriced mierda.

Lola:
You are lucky that only one vet lectures you about raw.  Where I live... the norm is to push rx scam food. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version