Author Topic: Anyone Watch Cher On DWTS?  (Read 8130 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Anyone Watch Cher On DWTS?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
I've seen him so many times, and he's always been incredible, but...he's old, post stroke, and while I'm a little curious about how he would sound

Be curious no more, but he doesn't get lip-syncing at all:
:

You can hear his actual voice here the best:

This is the worst syncing here:

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 04:30:41 PM »
I was talking about Neil young.  funny2

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 05:42:05 PM »
BOL! I'm so distracted lately. Trying to learn how to cook again; how to use a new camera; making Christmas scarves. I don't know if I'm coming or going.

Neil Young wasn't THAT bad in September. He had a few bad notes, but overall it wasn't truly bad. He has my permission to keep on singing.  :D

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
Yep that's the concert I missed.  I've seen him at SPAC quite few times so I don't feel TOO bad abut missing it. Thank you for that though Dee, the link brought up some more I can watch too from that show.  My computer doesn't have the greatest sound but I just LOVE watching him.  Gawd, he's so freaking amazing.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 07:49:45 PM »
Great speech, too, did you watch it?  He talks about the disaster our food supply is now all grwon with chemicals. He never stops fascinating me.

I have an old tape I recorded  off the radio once when he was interviewed on...what is the name of that old show...Rock Line? People call in and ask the performer questions?  I have the tape, I kept it even when I through most of my old cassettes out.  Anyway, someone called in and asked Neil who he thought the best guitarist of all time was.  Neil said "Well...it's me and Hendrix....".  I love that.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »
I have much respect for artists that keep up with the most important things in our lives while they continue to dream along and create. He's right though. I think all the extra junk in our food chains is what's causing so many food allergies--like me. What's even more upsetting is when you see kids like this: http://foreverhomewanted.com/2013/11/05/help-from-an-allergy-sniffing-dog/

People used to not be this sick before all these pesticides, GMOs, and additives. No matter how much some of us scream about it being everywhere in the food chain, it usually doesn't get a lot of attention until big names pay attention and join in.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 08:08:02 PM »
I'm still watching the SPAC farm aid clips...oh my gosh, PETE SEEGER!  Isn't he about a hundred?  WOW!

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 08:15:08 PM »
Willie is 80.
 Boy I missed a good concert.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 08:19:06 PM »
I discovered the difference between GMO and non GMO when I switched my popcorn from Orville Rednbacher (they "believe in GMO") to a non GMO brand..  Thought there was a difference...but wasn't sure until one time I bought some of my old brand.  Many was I SICK after eating that!  I brought it back to the store.  Huge difference.  Gah.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 08:21:34 PM »
Willie is 80.
 Boy I missed a good concert.

Gotta love an irreverent 80 yo that doesn't give a hoot about the law! LMAO

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 08:24:59 PM »
I discovered the difference between GMO and non GMO when I switched my popcorn from Orville Rednbacher (they "believe in GMO") to a non GMO brand..  Thought there was a difference...but wasn't sure until one time I bought some of my old brand.  Many was I SICK after eating that!  I brought it back to the store.  Huge difference.  Gah.

Well I'm trying my best to find non-GMO everything that I have left to eat. I don't need any more allergies or I'll end up on some weird liquid diet as my only choice.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 08:27:22 PM »
I know I'm spamming this thread but...here's my man in 1971. And Johnny Cash, too (I grew up listening to Johnny Cash, I mean from when I was LITTLE)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 09:25:12 PM »
here's my man in 1971.

And Johnny Cash, too (I grew up listening to Johnny Cash, I mean from when I was LITTLE)

Now that was beautiful. Johnny Cash, Daddy would turn the radio every time he came on. Daddy really showed huge disdain for druggies. I guess because he saw more than one of his students throughout the years be killed by them in one way or another. Daddy had very little tolerance for a lot of things. He's lightened up a bit over the years, but only about a few things. It sucked being the principal's daughter and the daughter of a layspeaker for the UMC too. :D If he objected to me hanging with someone, I always knew it was something like drugs that made him take that stance. Now if mom knew someone's name, it was NEVER good. She was a RN for the Public Health Department of the State of TN. Yeah. I figured out what it meant if she didn't like someone when I was about fourteen.

Johnny Cash is one that lost a lot of his voice too. I've always thought that the ones that lost their voices had it caused by smoking and drugs. Stevie Nicks is losing her voice too. :(

I like the Nine Inch Nails cover of "Hurt" a lot better than hearing JC sing it.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 05:31:20 AM »
You aren't spamming.  You are OT.  No one cares… go for it.  ;)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 05:32:51 AM »
Saw The Highway Men mannnnnnnny years ago.  Awesome show.  Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, and Waylon Jennings.  Willie has looked 80 most of his life.  lol
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: