Author Topic: Dr Lisa Pierson Live! (almost)  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Dr Lisa Pierson Live! (almost)
« on: December 14, 2014, 07:43:45 AM »
Dr Karen Becker held a Skype interview with Dr Lisa Pierson founder of catinfo.org.

Sums up everything pretty nicely and it's kind of fun hearing Dr Pierson's voice say words I know so well from reading them and saying them myself so many times. :) (or you can read the transcript if you prefer)

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2014/12/14/cat-health-nutrition.aspx?e_cid=20141214Z1_PetsNL_art_1&utm_source=petnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20141214Z1&et_cid=DM62368&et_rid=761331198

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Dr Lisa Pierson Live! (almost)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:18:07 AM »
THANKS for sharing!!!!

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Dr Lisa Pierson Live! (almost)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 10:27:25 AM »
snip... (some of my favs)

Dr. Pierson eventually gravitated away from equine medicine into feline medicine.
...horses don’t get sick all that often, probably because most are fed an herbivore-appropriate, high-fiber diet of hay and forage. In her equine practice, Dr. Pierson didn’t see a lot of kidney or urinary tract disease, or diabetes.

Prescription Diets:
I don’t sell the stuff and never have, but I’m in the minority.
She can always find "healthier, more species-appropriate choices for her patients."

Dr. Pierson says she’d be quite wealthy if she had a dime for every time someone told her that their cat would never eat anything but kibble.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org