Author Topic: Natures Variety  (Read 3181 times)

Offline felina

Natures Variety
« on: July 19, 2011, 07:47:59 AM »
I just have a second for now, BUT, Natures Variety, is an investment of Catterton Partners, the same company that leveraged Wellness and then sold it to Berwind at a Huge profit.
 Catterton Partners, read their company website, Catterton is also investing big in Veterinarian services and accreditation

http://www.cpequity.com/

I contacted Natures Variety over a month ago and asked about their relationship with Catterton Partners (to let them both know that some of us are catching on, and that we are paying attention) and asked how has it or will it change their business model.  It won't affect Natures Variety way of doing business, I was assured. (Not a direct quote, I'd have to look for the e-mail)

Sorry if this info has already been posted, but I'm just finishing up a special project and can't wait to get over here to PFK.

I have so many avenues I want to explore, but I knew other forums were not ready to make a quantum leap to that level of scrutiny and research.  A quick look at the threads/topics and there they are!

Who owns the "pet" forums, how do they use data collected to sell pet food more skillfully?

How long does it take a representative of pet food to "find" and then follow you around the internet from cat site to cat site, when you are not a fan of their brand?  And what repetitive remarks do they post right behind you?   I promise to keep it clean here and incognito.

I'll hunt elsewhere.

The intrigue is palpable, I hope every one here is "o.k.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:15:27 PM by Lola, Reason: changes made according to OP request »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Natures Variety
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 01:16:21 PM »
Has anyone fed this food?
Any other comments about it?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 04:05:38 PM »
I have fed the Nature's Variety Instincts before.  However, Nightmare wasn't a huge fan of it, and it was rather expensive, so I quit buying it.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 12:56:37 PM »
Pookie gets the NV Instinct rabbit, venison and duck.  He just doesn't care much for the chicken and I'm afraid to give him the beef, because he was developing an allergy to beef right before I stopped dry feeding.  Thing is, he couldn't tolerate fish either, but I don't have concerns about giving him the Wellness turkey & salmon once in a while.  I think I've also read that beef is one of the common proteins kitties tend to be allergic to, so maybe I'm just paranoid.  But I digress . . .

I haven't had any problems with the NV so far except for the occasional batch that Pookie won't eat.  I'll find a couple of whole peas in the food, but that doesn't bother me too much.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »
I was looking into the NV Instinct raw.  Just realized there is a non-raw as well. 
Trying to find a raw food that I can feed as a test...see how well the idea is accepted.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 07:59:20 PM »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 08:00:50 PM »

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 09:31:21 AM »
For what it's worth, Lola, Pookie and his sister didn't care for the NV medallions, and his sister barfed it up both times she ate it.  Personally, I thought they had waaaay too many veggies.

I've tried the Bravo! raw patties and Pookie liked them.  I haven't fed them in a while, though, but it might be worth looking into for you.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Tasha

• Yapper
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 12:41:32 PM »
Tasha likes the NV chicken medallions~ they give coupons for the trial size every so often and it's hard to pass up free food.

I feed the lamb and the chicken canned~ no problems and they really like it.

cat3

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »
Well...sounds like the for and against is split fairly even.   pullingouthair

Thanks all for your input.  I'll have to mull it over in my head a bit more.   :-*

Tags: