Author Topic: Katie LOVES this food, what do you think?  (Read 2132 times)

Offline KatieAndMe

• Yapper
Katie LOVES this food, what do you think?
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »
http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dogformulas/canned.html

It's the first one that she gobbles down. I mix it with a little water because she likes her wet food wet. It has a little Salmon and maybe that's what makes it taste so good??

Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Salmon, Oat Bran, Brown Rice Flour, Parsley, Dicalcium Phosphate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Taurine, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Dried Cranberries, Carrageenan, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Re: Katie LOVES this food, what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 10:48:52 PM »
http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/dogformulas/canned.html

It's the first one that she gobbles down. I mix it with a little water because she likes her wet food wet. It has a little Salmon and maybe that's what makes it taste so good??

Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Salmon, Oat Bran, Brown Rice Flour, Parsley, Dicalcium Phosphate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Taurine, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Dried Cranberries, Carrageenan, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement.
Is this dog food? I would email the company and ask them if it has enough Taurine in it for cats. Looks ok, other than the Oat Bran.
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline KatieAndMe

• Yapper
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 10:53:57 PM »
Their site is pretty messed up so I'm not sure if it's the cat food or dog food. Let me compare to what's on the can.

Okay, I compared it to what the can says and yes, this is the canned cat food for indoor cats.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:56:58 PM by KatieAndMe »

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 08:27:12 AM »
I'm not a fan of the oat bran or the brown rice flour, but at least they're not the very first ingredients listed.  If she likes it then go for it.   ;D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 08:43:49 AM »
That sounds pretty good KatieandMe.  I'm glad she likes it.  I wasn't aware there were so many choices of Natural Balance!  I tried NB (forget which) that I got at my local feed store and my cats wouldn't eat it. But they don't have all the varieties and flavors at that store that the web site lists. 

Is the one you are feeding Katie pate?

Offline KatieAndMe

• Yapper
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 01:40:02 PM »
Yes, it's pate and she likes it with a little water so that's double good.  ;D They have one with limited ingredients and I wonder how your baby would do on it???

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 09:59:47 AM »
Actually, now that you mention it it was the Limited Ingredient line I tried, because of The Kitten's digestive problems. The shelter got the rest, since no one would eat them. funny2

Offline KatieAndMe

• Yapper
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 02:42:19 PM »
Katie wouldn't touch the Limited one or any of the others. She only likes the Indoor formula. Now she's even being picky about that one!!!  bangshead I do believe it has become a game for her.  pullingouthair She likes it that I try to coax her to eat.  :-\  Am I creating a finicky eater? Maybe.  :(

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 12:58:10 PM »
I THOUGHT we tried Natural Balance once and it had whole peas in it....or am I remembering another brand with a similar name? 

How is Katie's eating habits lately?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline KatieAndMe

• Yapper
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 01:35:28 PM »
There are some flavors that have the peas and as one of the main ingredients. I don't understand that and Katie would have nothing to do with it. The ONLY one she'll eat is the Indoor Cat Formula and she loves that one still. She likes the texture so I don't even have to add water. So far so good.

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Balance-Indoor-Formula-6-Ounce/dp/B0000TZ204
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:37:54 PM by KatieAndMe »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 02:36:08 PM »
Glad Katie is happy.  :)

I just remember NO ONE liking the food.  I have never had the entire bunch turn their noses up at a food.  I just assumed it was the peas...not my favorite either.  lol

I'm still jerking around with brands of food.  I have come to the conclusion they do better with the least amount of change.  If there are more then 3 brands and/or flavors...all heck breaks loose. 

I refuse to stick to one brand, because I'm not 100% happy with all the ingredients in any one brand...and then there is that pesky recall problem that occurs waaaaay too often! 

Right now, Wellness is the only brand that never gets rotated out.  (Not a cheer leader for Wellness.  It is just one that everyone likes... with no bodily function issues.)

I always add some water to every meal...no matter what brand they are being fed.  Keep 'em hydrated and flushed.  :)

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: