Author Topic: Help stop the poisoning of strays in Cyprus  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Help stop the poisoning of strays in Cyprus
« on: December 10, 2011, 06:38:58 AM »
Help Stop the Poisoning of strays in Cyprus

The story is here.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/cry-out-for-the-cats-of-Cyprus/

You can sign the petition if you would. Even if you don't want to sign (you can choose to have your name not show) perhaps you can spread the word by posting the link on your facebook or other social networking account. Thanks for caring.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Help stop the poisoning of strays in Cyprus
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 10:23:04 AM »

Here's a snip of the petition:

Cats and dogs live on the streets of Cyprus, just like in most countries of the World. Unfortunately most common way to control the population is to poison them. Poisoning and killing a cat is illegal, but the police do nothing if people goes for help. 
The Government do not or give just very little money for Animal Shelters, they hardly can feed their animals, they beg for donation and they can not take more animals!
 People from the Government try to stop animal lovers, who feed the cats or dogs. They tell: "we do not want to see them here"!
 We beg you: if you do not want to see them on the street do something! Do something humane! Do not let the cats and dogs die on the street with no help! Do not poison them! Do not let people to poison them!!!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
Re: Help stop the poisoning of strays in Cyprus
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 01:33:17 AM »
The writer is a friend of mine as well.. The things she goes through and the sacrifices she makes for the street cats, she's an angel sent to them. I'd sign the petition 20 times over if I could :(
Brandon