Author Topic: NaturVet Digestive Aid Pet Supplement  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
NaturVet Digestive Aid Pet Supplement
« on: January 11, 2017, 07:56:36 PM »
I am getting ready to re-order a digestive aid.  The one I'm currently using... cats didn't do so well, so I stopped giving it to them.  Lacy dog had no issues.  Anyway...  Pookie recommended this one years ago.  Just curious if you would still recommend it.  If so, would you also recommend that I continue giving a probiotic as well?  I ask because this one states that it includes a probiotic.   

Provides Probiotics and essential enzymes to help break down food for optimal utilization of nutrients.
A source of alpha-Amylase which can hydrolyze starch. A source of protease which can hydrolyze proteins. A source of cellulase which can break down cellulose. A source of lipase which can hydrolyze triglycerides.
Great for food transitioning, sensitive stomachs and flatulence.
Powder 4oz for Dogs and Cats over the age of 6 weeks, add 1/4 rounded teaspoon to each cup of dry  :)  raw or wet food at every feeding.
Guaranteed Analysis per ΒΌ Rounded Teaspoon (1 gram): alpha-Amylase, Lipase, Cellulase, Protease and Bacillus coagulans.
All NaturVet products are veterinarian formulated and manufactured in the USA in an FDA audited, cGMP compliant facility.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

https://www.amazon.com/NaturVet-Digestive-Enzymes-Prebiotics-Probiotics/dp/B001BOMAL6?tag=parenfurki-20
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: NaturVet Digestive Aid Pet Supplement
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 10:56:52 PM »
I don't remember that one . . .  :-\  If you find my brain, would you please let me know?  Cuz I really miss it.   :-[

Anyway, it looks like it would be okay.  As for continuing the probiotic . . . IMO you can never have too much probiotic.  The NaturVet has bacillus, but there are other probiotics as well, and if you're giving different ones, that's not necessarily a bad thing.  If cost is an issue, continue the probiotic and then wean the furkids off of it and see how they do with just what's in this digestive aid.

If the others have digestive aids they recommend, those might be good options as well.

Edit:  Actually, this is a brand I've used, and it includes 2 probiotics.  It's also available on Amazon:  http://www.wholisticpetorganics.com/canine-product-line/digestive-support/wholistic-digest-all-plustm.html

They also make a cat version, but the ingredients are the same.  It's an American company and I believe the products are made here as well.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 03:56:10 PM »
Back to my question...

Lacy dog and the cats all get this:  Nutramax 30 Count Proviable Health Supplement for Cats and Dogs (Picture of ingredients attached.)

Soooo, it is good to give the above and the Wholistic Digest Plus to the Lacy and the cats  I just want to be sure I understand 100%! 

PS 
IF the two items above are okay to give together...are they also okay to give to meals that have Alnutrin i them?
Not to be a total dumbazz, but I thought I read (somewhere) on the Alnutrin website to not add anything extra.  For their meals that have Alnutrin in them, is there any possible issues?  The Alnutrin ingredients:
Ingredients: Egg yolk powder, taurine, iodized salt, vitamin E, iron amino acid chelate, copper citrate, manganese amino acid chelate, zinc oxide, vitamin D3, vitamin B12, vitamin B1.

If anyone is wondering, I am afraid of over-doing supplements, vitamins, etc.   Silly7
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:01:45 PM by Lola »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 05:33:24 PM »
In 2 of them you're talking about digestive enzymes and probiotics. No vitamins or minerals that I see.

I think the Alnutrin is warning about adding any extra vitamins and minerals to it.

So, I see no problems adding either of these to the Alnutrin--as long as there are no extra vitamins and minerals in it.

Example, I DO give them vitamins once a day (evenings), and I DO give them probiotics once a day with the vitamins.

I give Vlad digestive enzymes at every meal.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 05:35:49 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 05:46:31 PM »
I would continue the Proviable regardless of anything else you add.

Mazy cat takes a Proviable capsule twice a day.  Jennie and Queen Eva take a different probiotic that is double the CFU of the Proviable.  Mazy cat can't take that one, which is why she gets double the Proviable.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 09:43:03 AM »
I ordered the digestive aid that Pookie recommended.  It came yesterday.  The dog and cat versions are exactly the same... according to the ingredients list, so I just ordered one. 
I still have a little bit of the old stuff to finish.  I bought several jars of it. lol 

Thanks all for your input! 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »
I ordered the digestive aid that Pookie recommended.  It came yesterday. The dog and cat versions are exactly the same... according to the ingredients list, so I just ordered one. 

I think the dosing amount may be different for cats vs. dogs, but other than that, yeah, they're the same.  I hope it works for your fur-family!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: