Author Topic: Misa - "Crying Eye" Plus Other Stuff  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Misa - "Crying Eye" Plus Other Stuff
« on: September 19, 2018, 06:49:37 PM »
Misa has always had one eye that "cries."  Clear liquid.  Happens hit and miss.  Doesn't seem to bother her at all.  It drives me nuts, because it does mean something is going on with her. 
Had her tested today for food allergies.  She has a slight allergy to chicken.  Slight?  We are going to cut chicken out of her diet for a while.  Wait and see!

I actually took her to the vet because when I got home from my short trip, she had a red raw looking spot on her nose.  It looked like maybe she split her nose open.  The pink spot darkened the next day, but the spot spread out more.  Today there is a scab off to one side.  The general area looks to be a litttttle swollen.   She licks it from time to time, but wasn't obsessing licking. 

The vet (my least favorite) said it wasn't a bite or sting.  Didn't look like a cat got her.  No oozing.  His best guess... she caught it on something.  Ouch!  He gave me 4 prednisone pills for her and an antibiotic... as a safety measure.  The scabbing tells me it is healing, soooooo I'm not sure if I am going to follow through with the meds.  Just got home a bit ago, and haven't given it complete thought.   

She also got her nails trimmed today.  Had a vet tech that has TWO Street Dogs.  She understood talking to Misa only makes her more miserable.  I NEVER heard of street dogs, until Misa.  No one I talk to has either.  What are the odds that a tech and a vet (one we saw last time) BOTH have or at least know of them?  Anyway, I requested the same vet tech for Misa's next nail trimming in 4 weeks.  :)   
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Misa - "Crying Eye" Plus Other Stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 05:06:05 AM »
That is great news about the vet tech!  How did Misa do at the vet and nail trim?

Keep us posted on her nose.  Her eye may be a blocked tear duct.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 01:26:47 PM »
No "crying eye" since chicken has been eliminated.  One of the least expensive proteins... sigh.
Nose is good.

I take her back today for another nail trim.  After the last nail trim, she had a bit of a set back.  She lost her "joy" towards me.  :(
I just can't hold her AND trim her nails at the same time.  I also THINK it is good for her to be exposed to other people.   :-\
Maybe after going every 4 weeks, she will do better with a routine.   fingerscrossed

Her set-back may not have been totally due to the last nail trim.  First I tried myself.  Then she went to the vet a few days later.  Then a few more days later, I left town.  It could have been a combo of everything.  I will know for sure after today.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 01:35:23 PM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 04:08:22 PM »
Let us know how it goes.

Great news about the eye! I know how you feel about the chicken.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:37:38 PM »
No "crying eye" since chicken has been eliminated.  One of the least expensive proteins... sigh.

Here's an idea, though it might be as expensive as the other proteins:  feed organic, non-GMO chicken.  It may be that the chicken's diet is what's affecting her, and if the chicken was free-range and eating organic, non-GMO feed (or whatever) that Misa would be fine.  I get it if it's easier to just leave the chicken out of her diet; I just wanted to toss the idea out there.

I hope her nail trim went well!   fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 07:37:06 PM »
A lady came in with a big strong dog.  That dog wanted a piece of every dog in the waiting room.  It was growling and jumping around.  The woman had it on a leash, but didn't have much control.  Surprisingly, I didn't panic.  I put my body between Misa and the scary dog.  Just in case I sound like a lunatic... the dog had no interest in me. He/she was interested in Misa.  Misa wasn't reacting in any way. 

Misa doesn't seem to be holding a grudge.    dance1

Thanks for the non-GMO chicken suggestion!!  Because Roxy cat didn't do well with grocery store chicken of any kind, I stopped buying it.  I just continued to buy pet food chicken online.  Soooooooo my mind didn't go there to think of trying another source with just Misa.  I'll give it a try. Thanks again! 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 09:35:53 PM »
A lady came in with a big strong dog.  That dog wanted a piece of every dog in the waiting room.  It was growling and jumping around.  The woman had it on a leash, but didn't have much control.  Surprisingly, I didn't panic.  I put my body between Misa and the scary dog.  Just in case I sound like a lunatic... the dog had no interest in me. He/she was interested in Misa.  Misa wasn't reacting in any way. 

Misa doesn't seem to be holding a grudge.    dance1

multistars    Maybe she's also grateful that you got between her and Kujo.  :)  Side note about the twit with the crazy dog:  Why oh WHY can't people learn to control their dogs?  There's more to having a dog than just feeding it and taking it to the vet.   bangshead bangshead  Ok, rant over.

Thanks for the non-GMO chicken suggestion!!  Because Roxy cat didn't do well with grocery store chicken of any kind, I stopped buying it.  I just continued to buy pet food chicken online.  Soooooooo my mind didn't go there to think of trying another source with just Misa.  I'll give it a try. Thanks again! 

You're very welcome!  I hope it works!   fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: