Author Topic: Castor & Pollux Organix Chicken Pate  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Castor & Pollux Organix Chicken Pate
« on: July 22, 2014, 01:52:38 AM »
Organic Chicken, Water Sufficient for Processing, Organic Chicken Liver, Organic Turkey, Organic Pea Protein, Organic Peas, Organic Flaxseed, Organic Carrots, Organic Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Dextrose, Glycine, Sodium Phosphate, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Minerals (Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide), Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin),Organic Cranberries, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Choline Chloride

I don't think I have ever feed this food, so I don't have an opinion.  Anyone know anything about the company... personal experience...or anything... they would like to share?
http://www.castorpolluxpet.com
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:56:25 AM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Castor & Pollux Organix Chicken Pate
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 01:58:54 AM »
In 2012, Castor & Pollux was acquired by Merrick Pet Care, Inc. to further expand its pioneering efforts in natural and organic pet food. In addition to its own successful line of food and treats for pets, Merrick is the only U.S. manufacturer certified to make both both dry and canned organic food for pets. Merrick's kitchens now make Castor & Pollux' food for pets. During the spring of 2013, Castor & Pollux introduced 24 indulgent recipes for dogs and cats. The lineup now includes a new ORGANIX dry food for dogs, recipes for large breeds, five new ORGANIX Butcher & Buschel canned food for dog recipes, plus and array of appetizing new recipes for dogs and cats of all sizes and life stages. All Castor & Pollux foods for pets are made in the USA.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 10:45:42 PM »
Looking for something to add to the rotation. Don't know if this will work or not. Mighty heavy on the peas. Can't seem to get away from them in any of the organic foods I've looked at.

But No GMOs is a big selling point.

They've got several different chicken formulas but they all seem exactly the same to me. They have a turkey formula that also looks exaclty the same as the chicken formulas except turkey is the first meat instead of the second.

Jennie and Queen Eva split a 3 oz can of Castor&Pollux Chicken and vegetable stew once a week. It's high carb (chunks) and contains spinach (and boy do they have smelly poop the next day from the carbs) but they like it and it's my one "easy night" meal a week.

I pick out the peas and potatoes and carrots.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 10:41:10 AM »
Heavy on peas, carrots, and flaxseed... if you want my opinion.  I keep two on hand... chicken and turkey.  Both pate. 

Tags: