Author Topic: Ask Me Why I Love This Guy So Much (Billy Joel).  (Read 1578 times)

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Ask Me Why I Love This Guy So Much (Billy Joel).
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:36:49 AM »
This would be Reason # 10,962  :D

Back in the '90s, Frank Sinatra (whom I've idolised since grade school) was awarded a Grammy Award for being Legendary.

Long story short, they cut him & his acceptance speech off, abruptly, cutting to a commercial.

Well, later in the show, Mr. Billy Joel graced the stage performing his Grammy-Nominated "The River of Dreams" and here's what he did. (GOD! I love this man!)    love1 love1 love1 love1 love1 love1 love1

Seriously, for someone even being capable of thinking of doing something like this is one thing. But to carry it out, on live TV?!  
I've since learned that this is a PRIME example of  ... just Billy beeing Billy!  

haha ironic how Gary shandling mentions "Trilogy" in his introduction -- Frank's New York, New York" was on his Trilogy set!!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:53:47 AM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Ask Me Why I Love This Guy So Much (Billy Joel).
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:05:46 AM »
*sigh* Back then I never got to watch the Grammys. I can guarantee you I was doing one of these things:

Homework; review for a test; baths; bedtime; eating dinner

Never in any particular order--just depended on which was most important for 2 boys at the time.

I LOVE Billy Joel! He's always been so classy and caring about so many things that affect any number of things in the world around us.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: billy joel grammys