Author Topic: Prince. . .Just so sad  (Read 5297 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Prince. . .Just so sad
« on: April 21, 2016, 02:24:07 PM »
This really breaks my heart. I wore out 2 cassette tapes of Purple Rain back in the day.

He was only 3 years older than me. Just in shock.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Prince. . .Just so sad
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 02:38:08 PM »
I did like Purple Rain... a lot.  He certainly was a bit toooooo young to pass on! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 02:44:49 PM »
Leann Rimes version was my favorite.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 02:59:46 PM »
Leann Rimes version was my favorite.

Anything Prince was my favorite version, but you can't find actual copies of anything on Youtube. I gave up after 3 pages of results. Just foreign sites, and I'm not linking to them.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 09:25:20 PM »
Unlike most other rock stars, he had banned YouTube and iTunes from using any of his music and had even closed down his own official website.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/inside-princes-bizarre-life-paisley-233220

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:41:59 PM »
Probably won't stay posted long, but one of the most epic halftime shows ever:

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 08:03:12 AM »
Jennifer Hudson and the Broadway cast of The Color Purple's tribute to Prince last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6KUTL0PXl0

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 12:21:53 AM »
That was nice!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 12:25:31 AM »
This is from 2014.  Have you seen/listened to it?  I don't think I have ever heard him sing before.  I only know him from watching The Voice a few years ago. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 12:26:48 AM »
I had NO IDEA that Prince was so popular and respected by so many.  Yeah, I'm pretty much out of the loop.  lol

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 09:46:21 AM »
VH1Classics and MTV were playing Purple Rain last night. It probably will be played again sometime today. And IHeartRadio has been playing him since right after it happened:

http://www.iheart.com/live/prince-tribute-7157/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 09:52:18 AM by DeeDee »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 09:51:04 AM »
This is from 2014.  Have you seen/listened to it?  I don't think I have ever heard him sing before.  I only know him from watching The Voice a few years ago. 

Yes have heard it before. Adam Levine is from Maroon 5! I've heard him a LOT. I fell in love with him when they came out with Songs About Jane. Go to youtube and look up the song Sugar. That was an awesome thing they did the day that they made the official video.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 09:20:52 PM »
I never heard of Maroon 5, so (to me) Adam Levine is from the one season of The Voice that I watched.  :) 
Speaking of TV... we are getting rid of cable.  We don't watch much.  It is insane to keep paying for it.  I'm going to look into an antenna that will give us the basic channels. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 12:00:48 AM »
I'm going to look into an antenna that will give us the basic channels. 

That's what we've got in the RV for watching the 10:00 pm news wherever we are. Works great. We can't see paying for satellite though we've got the dish on the RV. We're just not indoors enough to watch it whenever we're out, and a lot of places provide cable anyway.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 02:27:04 PM »
Playing Thursday-night-catch-up with Grey's Anatomy now that I'm home from being gone this morning, and they're playing Prince & Rosie Gaines singing Nothing Compares 2U in it. Notice he says "It's been 7 hours and 13 days," the way it was written. . .instead of "15 days" like Sinead changed it to in her version.

AWESOME!:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:29:32 PM by DeeDee »

Tags: