Author Topic: Finally bought an air purifier  (Read 787 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Finally bought an air purifier
« on: November 17, 2018, 07:51:24 PM »
Well I bought 2, they came as a set. I was too lazy to look up the other threads we have on them
  I got these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B076X2FJ5X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My apartment is tiny so I thought these would be sufficient.  They seem to be doing a good job and on the lowest setting the noise is barely discernible.  I turn them on high for half an hour when I get home (as advised by the instructions), then drop them to the middle setting during the evening and put them on  low when I settle down for my hour of rest and reading before bed when I really need it quiet.  I turn them off before I go to bed because I sleep with the window open.

This was my first full day home with them and I did the same thing, when I got up I put them on high for half an hour (kind of loud) dropped them to middle while doing chores but once I was ready to just relax I've had them on the lowest setting all day and it smells quite fresh in here.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Finally bought an air purifier
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 09:17:34 PM »
Glad they are working out for you!
With as cold as it is where you live, you sleep with your window open?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 09:35:32 PM »

I can't stand to not have the window open in the bedroom at night.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 08:47:59 AM »

Also, I have blankets  :D Usually I am hot at night anyway, but I have an ancient wool blanket that is still doing the job.  If I need more than that I have a down comforter, though this year I haven't gotten it out yet.  Sometimes in the wee hours I would find I have to pull that over myself.

I haven't gotten it out because of the potential for soiling, with Jennie's issues. I haven't needed it so that's fine.  I was thinking about it last night though, I guess I can fold it up and keep it covered with towels like I do the other parts of the bed, to keep it protected.

But so far I haven't needed it.

I grew up in a cold house.  And my current bedroom is so stuffy.  Also though, because of the drafty house, in winter (as a kid) my windows were always covered with plastic sheeting.  It drove me CRAZY to have my windows sealed shut like that.  But with no heat upstairs, I had to suffer through it.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 10:07:20 AM »
Will a duvet cover do the job?

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 10:58:15 AM »
Will a duvet cover do the job?

Yes it is covered. I have two duvet covers so when one is being washed (and drying, no dryer here so it takes a couple days) the other is in use. But those covers are large and heavy to wash and my 'portable' washer is on it's last leg and I don't wish to push it.  As it is I only wash a few things at a time.  Including only one bedsheet at a time  funny2.

I am doing okay without it for now.

Tags: