Author Topic: HUGE And Tall Litter Box  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
HUGE And Tall Litter Box
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:33:12 PM »
If anyone is interested...

I bought this litter box.

Nature's Miracle JFC Advanced Hooded Corner Cat Litter Box

Key Benefits

Includes charcoal filter
Non-stick surface eliminates litter caking
Covered litter box
Space saving design lets litter box be placed in any corner
Measures 21 L x 24 W x 22 H inches
http://www.chewy.com/cat/natures-miracle-jfc-advanced-hooded/dp/47575

If you use boxes with lids... this one is a good one.  It is very roomy and tall.  Easy to clean.  I don't use filters, so it went into the trash.

I put it in a room, that usually has the least amount of activity... no matter what box is in there.  Apparently, this box is a fan favorite...and we have a variety of boxes, spread out through the house... all considered x-large or jumbo. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: HUGE And Tall Litter Box
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »
They still liking it?  I've never liked covered boxes, but that one does have a nice wide open face.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:38:39 PM »
Yup, it is still a favorite.  It is close to 2 feet tall.  It may fit into a corner, but space saving it isn't.  I don't care, but some people do. 

How do you have 3 cats, and none of them goes potty over the side of an open box?  I know you use Rubbermaid (or something similar), but still...

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 08:00:08 PM »
I will answer this tomorrow.  It's bed time.

catmilk1 catmilk1 catmilk1 bedtime1 goingtobed

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 08:11:35 PM »
Gooooood night!!!!  Sleep well, my friend.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 07:30:26 AM »
I have two stand up female pee-ers and one who likes to prop her legs on the edges pee-er.  funny2

To accommodate every preference I have two kinds of litter boxes. The low sided ones for my feet on the edge pee-er have a piece of cardboard fixed to the back end of the litter box for the two who like to drill their pee.  There is also the high sided tote box for the pee drillers.

I use the formed paper disposable litter boxes as liners. They have changed my life. :)

(the litter boxes are on a platform.  There is one more small one underneath in the storage area but no one ever uses it.  I keep it there, just in case. :)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »
Your over the top pee-er automatically "aims" for the high cardboard piece? 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 02:20:30 PM »
She really does!  I think she likes to "drill" her pee against something, that's why.  This is Mazy we're talking about.  Jennie also stands to pee but she only does it in the high sided box.  They both sometimes squat and pee like 'normal' cats, too. :D

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 03:02:36 PM »
"Drilling"... that is a pretty good description.  That is kinda what it sounds like! 
I rarely put the uncovered boxes in rotation.. just too messy.  Gotta clean walls, the floor, and the rugs under the box.  Pfffft   
I could get away with cleaning litter boxes less often (maybe) if my "side of the box" shooters would aim for the litter instead.   
Non of my boxes have doors though... or filters.  None of them are small boxes.  I keep them as "open" as possible.  Yeah, that's my defense.   Silly7

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 12:39:03 PM »
Update:

I know uncovered boxes are recommended.  I've tried tall and short uncovered boxes.  Someone always went potty over the edge.  I went to all covered boxes... the biggest I could find.  No doors, and dust and perfume-y free litter.  Hoping I was doing good, by not forcing the cats to use small enclosed areas that gagged them or caused respiratory issues.  The sneezers stopped sneezing, so I assumed I made some good choices. 

With this box, where the top meets the bottom... there is a latch.  Someone has good enough aim, that s/he gets potty between the top and bottom...via the latch mechanism.  This is a favorite box (no matter where it is located), soooooo I wash the potty off...life goes on. 

This box bottom is taller, than any of the other covered or uncovered boxes, I use or have used. 

I thought I would try something.  I removed the lid last week.  No one has gone potty, over the edge.  There is no potty on the walls of the box at all!  House walls are clean.  Floor is clean. 

Either the ones that are normally side-of the-box or over-the-top-shooters, aren't using the box.... OR since there is no lid, the shooter automatically squats.  I am guessing it is a combination... height, width, and no lid. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 01:17:13 PM »
I'm done cleaning pee off of walls.  I put the cover back on.  Even with litter barely covering the bottom...so I could keep most of the height...and hoping Lucy wouldn't be tall enough to pee over the side.... nope.  :( 

PS  As far as covered boxes... I would still definitely recommend it.  It is huge and spacious... like no others that I have ever seen. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:18:55 PM by Lola »

Tags: