Author Topic: Foie Gras  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Foie Gras
« on: April 21, 2016, 05:10:49 PM »
I'd never even heard of this before until getting the link to this post by City the Kitty.  The NYSVMS (who are fighting the ban declawing bill in New York State) are having themselves a delightful little outing on April 28 visiting a farm where ducks are kept in filthy pens and force fed until they are too full to fit any more in, then slaughtered for their fatty diseased livers, to make this specialty food.

Is there no end to the hypocrisy of the veterinary profession?

http://www.citythekitty.com/nysvms-foie-gras-tasting-tour/

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Foie Gras
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 06:19:11 PM »
Have you never seen the videos of how they make those geese and ducks fat? They force feed them with tubes. It's horrible!

They actually made a bill making it illegal to sell it in California, but then restaurants were getting around it by charging ridiculous prices for the toast triangles and saying the fois gras was free on the house with the toast. I have no clue whether or not they actually fixed that loophole.

A warning came up to me on this video, but I'm going to warn you anyway.

IT IS VERY DISTURBING THE WAY THEY TRADITIONALLY MAKE FOIS GRAS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE:

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 07:09:25 PM »
I saw a few pictures.  I can't bring myself to watch the videos.  And yet vets are going on a lovely little outing to a farm in the Hudson Valley that does this cruel inhuman thing. The former director of the New York State Veterinary Medical Society leads the outing, and is apparently compensated (paid) to do it.

I really shouldn't be surprised because they are fighting so hard against our ban declawing bill. A.1297

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 09:38:38 PM »

I really shouldn't be surprised because they are fighting so hard against our ban declawing bill. A.1297

And raw food, and vaccinations, and every single thing else that's good for our pets and bad for their bottom line.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 05:03:19 AM »
Yep.

Tags: