Author Topic: Hey guess what, Mazy cat is 100% raw!  (Read 6619 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Hey guess what, Mazy cat is 100% raw!
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2016, 01:01:49 PM »
Thanks Dee.  Mazy cat doesn't have pancreatitis, though she hasn't been tested specifically for it, she really doesn't have the symptoms.  I know the digestive enzymes should be given with every meal but Mazy cat has to have changes very slowly.  I've only been using the one linked above for a couple of weeks.  So she is only getting it in one meal a day so far.  she's had a lot of changes recently, I just can't go any quicker with her.

And it HAS to be non-GMO.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2016, 01:23:28 PM »
He was recommending some Rainbow Light brand and something else in his book, and I wish I had the book (borrowed out) to tell you the other brands of things he recommends.

He's not big on things that aren't organic either.

I THINK I rejected it b/c I couldn't find a brand of it that actually had the trypsin in it.

EDIT: I didn't mean she had pancreatitis like Vlad, I meant that she might have  a case of pancreatic insufficiency from her pancreas being overworked in the past. The older a body gets, the more likely that will happen, and a lot of humans have that problem.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 01:31:54 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 01:14:47 PM »
Do you still give Vets Best?  Would you consider (or be able to) eliminate it for a while?  Just to see if there is any possibility Mazy is sensitive to it? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 04:50:19 PM »
Mazy cat gets 1/2 tablet of Vet's-Best twice a day; at lunch (after a 6 1/2 hour fast) and at bedtime (before an 8-9 hour fast depending on the day)

Her troubles started long before the V-B, and the V-B is part of her improvement.  I have given this a great deal of thought already, honest I have.  I am positive it helps her.  I replaced her SEB with V-B because the V-B seems to help more. 

But I thank you for offering your thoughts.  HeadButt

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 11:25:29 AM »
I know Roxy and Mazy are not the same cat, but... 
Since Roxy was a barfer for so many years, I didn't notice that VB probably contributed to her barfing.  Now that she is not a barfer... she will puke when given VB.  As carpy as it sounds, I tested it to be SURE.  Anyway, that was the reason behind my suggestion.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 01:04:41 PM »
That is a makes sense explanation. :) However Mazy cat is definitely helped by the VB

Tags: