Author Topic: Letter from Natura  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Letter from Natura
« on: September 17, 2011, 07:27:34 AM »
In early summer I started using Evo Ancestral Diet herring and salmon grain free kibble as Queen Eva's snack/fill in food. She doesn't get it every day or even most days, but there are days when she won't eat her regular food, and on those days she fills up on the Evo kibble.

I wrote a letter of complaint about the way the Evo kibble dissolves into crumbs, wasting at least half the bag. I received a reply in less than 24 hours:

Thank you for contacting Natura Pet Products in regards to your concerns with EVO. We do apologize that you have experienced a crumbly bag. Due to the product design of EVO, the carbohydrates are incredibly low.  The Carbohydrates are what bind the formula together, and since this formula is so low in carbohydrates the kibble is actually breaking apart. Our EVO kibbles are typically a nice, whole kibble that you and your pets enjoy.

Our Company policy is that our food is 100% guaranteed. What we recommend doing is taking the bag back to the retailer you purchased it from and exchange it for a new bag that has a different expiration date. If you should ever have a bag that has too many fines, please take it back to your retail store right away and exchange it for a new bag with a different expiration date.

If you have time, can you please email me within a week with the Expiration Date and Lot Code located on your bag? This way we can pull our retained samples and further investigate the issue. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns about our products. We do appreciate your patience and do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your pet. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to email back at your convenience, custserv@naturapet.com. You can also call us at 1-800-532-7261.

Fortunately for me, this is one of the brands I am able to get locally, at the feed store, so I will be heading over there Monday morning to get my free replacement bag with a different expiration and lot date. Since I no longer have the receipt I'll bring a copy of this letter just in case, though the Feed Store has never give me any problem with returns so I don't anticipate it this time either.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Letter from Natura
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 07:25:14 PM »
Before switching to an all wet diet, I never had any "crumbly" food.  BUT... I wonder if small crumbly food would maybe digest better?  I mean...if a feline isn't designed to chew dry kibble, then smaller pieces may not be a bad thing.   :-\
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 08:06:19 PM »
Yes, maybe, but what self respecting cat will eat crumbs?   funny2

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 10:05:16 AM »
Before switching to an all wet diet, I never had any "crumbly" food.  BUT... I wonder if small crumbly food would maybe digest better?  I mean...if a feline isn't designed to chew dry kibble, then smaller pieces may not be a bad thing.   :-\

Last night I experimented by sprinkling the crumbs over her BG beef, when she declined to eat it alone.  She ate it with the cumbs over it.  So you may be onto something after all Lola!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 04:33:45 PM »
Yes, maybe, but what self respecting cat will eat crumbs?   funny2

Good point.  The cats often slop their food onto the floor and don't clean up.  I'm always telling them to pay attention to how much neater the dogs eat.  If they slop their food, they clean it up!  Not one cat is impressed.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »
Today I brought back the remainder of the bag of Evo grain free (there wasn't very much left, but it was mostly crumbs), with the letter, to get a replacement bag.  The Feed Store manager was very cooperative.

First, she was glad I brought the letter and made a copy for herself (I had had the foresight to remove my e mail address from the letter before printing it) We checked expiration dates and she told me the Evo ancestral diet has a one year shelf life.  The date for the new bag is August 28, 2012, so, as she said, this bag is about as fresh as you can get.

She was fascinated to learn why the Evo turns to crumbs so quickly, telling me that she has had many customers make comments about it.  I said well now you can tell them why! I also remarked that I would handle the bag with special care, now that I know why it is prone to crumbling, and she could advise her customers to be gentle with the bag, too.

I didn't mention that a 6 pound bag generally lasts me six months :)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »
Today I brought back the remainder of the bag of Evo grain free (there wasn't very much left, but it was mostly crumbs), with the letter, to get a replacement bag.  The Feed Store manager was very cooperative.

First, she was glad I brought the letter and made a copy for herself (I had had the foresight to remove my e mail address from the letter before printing it) We checked expiration dates and she told me the Evo ancestral diet has a one year shelf life.  The date for the new bag is August 28, 2012, so, as she said, this bag is about as fresh as you can get.

She was fascinated to learn why the Evo turns to crumbs so quickly, telling me that she has had many customers make comments about it.  I said well now you can tell them why! I also remarked that I would handle the bag with special care, now that I know why it is prone to crumbling, and she could advise her customers to be gentle with the bag, too.

I didn't mention that a 6 pound bag generally lasts me six months :)

Glad it all worked out! 

Tags: