Cats > Cat Food And Nutrition

Concerns about Izzi

(1/4) > >>

ThreeStep:
Izzi is a picky eater. She eats Purina Medley Salmon Florentine with a few pieces of Blue Buffalo Kitten. Everything else she outright refuses. Just looks at it and buries it. Sometimes actually buries it by rolling a rug. She is skinny and growing. Her fur is really coming in. Yes, new pictures! Two tiny hair balls in three weeks. Cat gras is always available and gets eaten by all three. She will not eat large portions. A heaped table spoon and 5-6 kibbles and she leaves some. I offer tiny plates during the day which is not easy as ShadowCat comes out of deep sleep and wants her share. She is overweight. Has always been plump and had tendon issues for two years, UCI, ... Not to mention temper. Are there any safe supplements? I have tried egg, chicken cooked, .... Thank you!

Lola:
Fish is a tough one for cats.  They tend to prefer it over EVERYTHING else.  The end result is often a "picky" eater.  You want to break the fish addiction ASAP.  IMHO:)
Try a non fish food and top it with the kibble that she likes.  Crush the kibble, so it is more of a topper.

ThreeStep:

--- Quote from: Lola on June 24, 2018, 10:12:36 AM ---Fish is a tough one for cats.  They tend to prefer it over EVERYTHING else.  The end result is often a "picky" eater.  You want to break the fish addiction ASAP.  IMHO:)
Try a non fish food and top it with the kibble that she likes.  Crush the kibble, so it is more of a topper.

--- End quote ---

So far no luck but we will try harder and put the topping on the kitty food. She does not eat enough!

BTW I could not upload photos today.

Lola:
test

Pookie:

--- Quote from: Lola on June 24, 2018, 10:12:36 AM ---Fish is a tough one for cats.  They tend to prefer it over EVERYTHING else.  The end result is often a "picky" eater.  You want to break the fish addiction ASAP.  IMHO:)

--- End quote ---

Another idea, and this may be a totally lousy one, but how about using a little bit of juice from a can of the fish that she usually has a topper, and then over time reduce the amount of juice?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version