Author Topic: Panty Hose  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Panty Hose
« on: February 03, 2018, 08:50:54 AM »
Do women still wear them?  I'm thinking just older ladies maybe? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Panty Hose
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 09:17:13 AM »
My sister does.  At least one of them. She says her office is very dressy, and she loves dressing up for work. UGH! is my opinion.I haven't worn them since I was in my 20s.  I wear footless tights in winter and bare-legged under my skirts in summer.

I wear ankle length skirts.

No one, where I work, wears them, as far as I can tell.  Everyone in the building I work in dresses just as shabbily as I do.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 09:52:47 AM »
I wear them when I'm wearing boots. If it's cold enough for boots, it's cold enough for tights or pantyhose. Preferably tights.

If it's too cold for them, then winter silks long underwear on top of them.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 10:05:28 AM »
I wear silk long johns under pants and jeans in winter.  But on the coldest days I find skirts with fleece lined tights (footless tights) are warmer. I have these wonderful heavy corduroy skirts I bought from Chadwicks when I first got my job at the city.  Part of my job involves walking to the bank and the post office each day.  These skirts, with the fleece lined tights underneath, a wool sweater and my wool winter coat, keep me toasty warm even when the windchil is minus 20 degrees F.

I almost forgot.  When it is that cold I also wear my wool gaiters zipped around my calves and boots. I wear them with pants/jeans also.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 10:12:23 AM »
I was thinking more along the lines of when one wears a nice dress (below the knee) and sandals.  Not for warmth, but for looks.  :)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 10:16:41 AM »
Well this summer I'll start looking at women's legs to see if they are being worn around here any more.  ;)

But I do know my sister who is dressy at work wears them.  Sounds like daily torture to me.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 10:21:48 AM »
I was thinking more along the lines of when one wears a nice dress (below the knee) and sandals.  Not for warmth, but for looks.  :)

Well, believe it or not, for that, I like wearing stockings and garterbelts. I like frilly stuff all the way around when I'm getting all dressed up, but I mostly like jeans and teeshirts.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 11:00:22 AM »
Well this summer I'll start looking at women's legs to see if they are being worn around here any more.  ;)

But I do know my sister who is dressy at work wears them.  Sounds like daily torture to me.

Thanks... on both accounts!  :)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 11:01:27 AM »
Well, believe it or not, for that, I like wearing stockings and garterbelts. I like frilly stuff all the way around when I'm getting all dressed up, but I mostly like jeans and teeshirts.

Since this thread is public... Silly7

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 11:30:16 PM »

I haven't worn them in years.  Once work became "business casual," I stopped wearing the darn things (yay!).  I will occasionally wear anklets if I'm wearing dress pants and it's summer (so the office is less of an ice-box than usual), but I usually wear socks.  For dresses or skirts, I just don't wear hose, except maybe anklets with the ankle length skirts, but not always.  If I swear anklets or pantyhose with sandals, my feet feel like their slipping and sliding in the sandals.

I don't think too many women wear them anymore, even with dresses, unless they really like to dress up or they're required to wear them (so workplaces do require that).
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 02:48:57 AM »

Same here!  Stockings, either with a garter belt, or those thigh-highs that stay up on their own, if bare legs are inappropriate for some reason.  Pantyhose are evil, particularly in the summer, and that is when I am most likely to wear a dress. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 08:46:46 AM »
Same here!  Stockings, either with a garter belt, or those thigh-highs that stay up on their own, if bare legs are inappropriate for some reason.  Pantyhose are evil, particularly in the summer, and that is when I am most likely to wear a dress. 

LOL. Knew I couldn't be the only one. Do you think it's b/c of the region we live in? I wonder what the statistics would be on clothing sales of certain items in different regions of the country?

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 03:25:27 PM »
LOL. Knew I couldn't be the only one. Do you think it's b/c of the region we live in? I wonder what the statistics would be on clothing sales of certain items in different regions of the country?

I'm not sure.  I was not raised in the south, but I have always hated pantyhose.  They are just plain uncomfortable, and if one's aim is to be alluring, a bit lacking in that respect, as well.  I pretty much hate getting dressed up, so when I do it, I want to feel like a total bombshell. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:28:11 PM by Catgirl64 »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 03:42:03 PM »

I pretty much hate getting dressed up, so when I do it, I want to feel like a total bombshell. 

Exactly. If I'm going to have to dress up for ANYTHING, I want to go all out.

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 02:13:29 PM »
Panty hose must have been invented by a banker - expensive, uncomfortable and it does not last long.

Tags: