Author Topic: Daily Kitten - Cute site  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Daily Kitten - Cute site
« on: July 06, 2011, 09:55:32 AM »
The Daily Kitten publishes a new kitten picture every day at 3.07pm GMT, (10.07am EST). We hope you enjoy it.

http://www.dailykitten.com/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 03:46:40 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Bogie

• Charter Member
  • Yapper
Re: Daily Kitten - Cute site
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 12:44:16 AM »
Awwwwwww look forward to these  :)

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 01:14:08 AM »
They have a forum to, of course, I almost got the topic of raw feeding banned over there Bumpurr1 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 06:19:10 AM »
That's a pretty red kitten, but I want to take the hat off of him.  :)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:39:19 PM »
That's a pretty red kitten, but I want to take the hat off of him.  :)

We don't usually "dress" our cats or dogs, but... our male cat is often willing to wear a funny shirt for photo ops. 

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 11:40:25 PM »
They have a forum to, of course, I almost got the topic of raw feeding banned over there Bumpurr1 

You almost got banned for posting about raw feeding...or you almost got the board closed down?  Spill...   8)

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 12:41:54 AM »
They have a list of rules - including subjects that you are not allowed to talk about (declawing and the indoor/outdoor debate are the main ones).  Well, apparently folks don't take to kindly to the topic of raw feeding, so the admin over there was going to "ban" the topic if it raised another debate.  Also, yes and no to almost getting the board close down.  The admin did threaten that if we could not behave then he would close the board down, but never carried out that threat, as of yet.

I introduced the idea of raw feeding over there - as well as the novel idea that wet food is healthier for a cat than dry.  However, no one my age can be trusted according to them, so they never took to kindly to me, or what I had to say.  Because, of course, you can't trust an 18 year old girl's nutrition advice over a vets nutrition advice Doh1 

I personally was never banned over there, but once the "I Hate FF50" club started, I got sick of being treated like a two year old, and left.  I'm "furryfriends50" over there, thus the abbreviation of FF50. 

btw, I realize that this post can be seen by everyone, but I'm fine with that ;)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 12:56:22 AM »
Thanks for the explanation!  

I haven't checked out their forum, but I can't imagine a cat forum not allowing talk about indoor/outdoor, declawing (or not), and FOOD... of any kind.  Those are some MAJOR subjects!  If people can't post their experiences, opinions, links to facts, etc. so others can make up THEIR own minds...what is the point?  TO ME...all fluff and rainbows can get boring.

An example. I am not fond of breeding.   ;D  BUT...I'm open to a breeder defending his/herself, on here, until they are blue in the face.  Heck, I'd go as far as having a "Breeder" section, if someone was interested.  I don't HAVE to agree with all the opinions of the members here...and they don't have to agree with mine!  Difference of opinion is what makes the world go around...and a healthy discussion is what allows people to make INFORMED decisions.  IMHO...of course.   :)

There may come a time that a subject could be off-limits, but at the moment, I can't think of any.

Tags: daily kitten 

'Hare