Author Topic: Went away for a few days...  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Went away for a few days...
« on: June 26, 2011, 04:38:15 PM »
...last week.
The furkids had TWO people (1 during the day and 1 at night) here to take care of them while hubby and I were out of town. 
Our Lilly is normally very vocal and lovable, but she is STUCK to me like glue...and I'm pretttttty sure she is (still) yelling at me.  Her meows have a whole new tone to them.  She has been sleeping so close to my face, that I wake up choking.  Does she think killing me is a fair trade off for leaving her for a week?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: Went away for a few days...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:38:01 PM »
LOL never let anyone try to tell us these critters aren't "children."   

I had a dog who, whenever I went away, would stand out in the hallway all night by my bedroom door and carry on and whine all night.  I had to start really limiting trips because parents were verrrry fed up (they were unfortunate to be the next door down) and I'd hear about it.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:20:24 AM »
I haven't been away overnight in 9 years.  But even a long day out will get me the Back turned to me by certain cats.  My habit is to come home for lunch, and sometimes check in one other time during the day.  But on a holiday (fmily is far away so the day is long), or when I am going for a long mountain climbing hike I will be gone for 10 or more hours.

When this happens The Boy will sit in the middle of the room (tiny apartment) with his back pointedly turned toward me and even if I speak to him, I'll get barely an ear twitch.  Later, after I am forgiven, I crawl around with him on the floor while he scolds me and tells me all about what I put him through being away so long.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 07:23:44 AM »
And SOME people think cats don't have personalities...
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags:

'Hare