Author Topic: Vote For Your Favorite Shelter  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Vote For Your Favorite Shelter
« on: July 15, 2011, 09:41:12 PM »
Welcome to The Animal Rescue Site $300,000 Shelter+ Challenge of 2011
— with Petfinder.com.

Now you can help The Animal Rescue Site choose which eligible Petfinder.com animal rescue organizations will receive special funds to help animals! It's easy:

· Select your Country and (if U.S. or Canada) State/Province.
 · Optional fields accept partial (but not misspelled/inaccurate) information.
 · You can cast one vote every day for your favorite rescue organization.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3

champ1
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline KatieAndMe

• Yapper
Re: Vote For Your Favorite Shelter
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 11:32:53 PM »
Don't get me started on the "no-kill" movement where shelters are only taking in the cream of the crop so they can say they don't euthanize and leaving the less desirable animals to certain death at the hands of the regional animal control!! I would vote for the smaller, independent, foster type rescues that also take in special needs animals. But not the ones that use one as a poster pet to get more donations. Sorry, I have a lot of anger around how some of the rescue groups are run and this is an area where I can be a bit opinionated.  ::)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:48:16 AM »
Don't get me started on the "no-kill" movement where shelters are only taking in the cream of the crop so they can say they don't euthanize and leaving the less desirable animals to certain death at the hands of the regional animal control!! I would vote for the smaller, independent, foster type rescues that also take in special needs animals. But not the ones that use one as a poster pet to get more donations. Sorry, I have a lot of anger around how some of the rescue groups are run and this is an area where I can be a bit opinionated.  ::)

KatieandMe, please do get started!  In fact start a thread on it if you'd like, I think it would make for some interesting discussion!

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »
KatieandMe, please do get started!  In fact start a thread on it if you'd like, I think it would make for some interesting discussion!

DITTO!!   thumbsup1 thumbsup1

I picked one in what is known as one of the worst neighborhoods because of having too many hoodlums and carelessness. How can you tell when one isn't just a money hoarder like the HS and SPCA (on the stock exchange >:( )  Or that they don't have those power-trippers who give people wanting to give a good home such a hard time? I'm all for being thorough but some of them go too far...

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »
I picked a VERY small shelter in my neighborhood.

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline KatieAndMe

• Yapper
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »
When I adopted Katie from the pound they almost wouldn't let me have her. Because I rented they wanted to contact my landlord and he wasn't home when they called the first time. They knew I lived in a cottage right behind him and for heaven's sake I'm a senior not a 16 year old!! Sometimes common sense isn't used.

Tags:

'Hare