Author Topic: By Nature ORGANIC  (Read 8936 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: By Nature ORGANIC
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 01:05:36 PM »
I know we have a few threads going on this same topic, whether or not By Nature Organic contains carrageenan.  I hope you don't mind if I post this same post in all of them (if I can find them) so the information in each thread is up to date.

I have just heard from my contact at By Nature and here is the reply intact, except I x'd out my name :)  The bolding is mine

Hi xxxx,

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry and we do apologize for the confusion.  Unfortunately there was a misunderstanding internally, which has created incorrect information in some areas and we are very close to our website as well as all of our labels being revised and updated to reflect the correct ingredient profile; maybe that is how the confusion came about with your friend who called in, again, our apologies.  Although we have been patiently waiting for the updates to be 100% complete on our website there still are changes to be updated and I confirmed yesterday afternoon that this should take place by the end of August.

No need for any more worries; our Organic labels are correct, (there is no Carrageenan) but the website is not and it may be getting updated before the other updates, thank YOU for your continued feedback!  I wasn’t able to respond to you right away because I was waiting for our Brand Manager to let me know when the updates would be available to assure you where we were at with everything.  I greatly apologize for the delay xxxx! 

One of the other Customer Service gals received your other email through the By Nature® site so we understand how important the confirmation of this information is to you so hopefully you can rest assured that the information you have received from me is indeed correct.  Have a great weekend and thank you very much for your time and feedback, we appreciate your continued support!

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 09:45:16 PM »
Now I know why National Pet Pharmacy was having such a great price on this brand. It's been discontinued in the 6 ounce cans and 12 can cases.  The new size is a 5.5 ounce can, and being sold in 24 can cases, as I found when searching in NPP.  I checked the By Nature website to be sure and see they have made that change, but STILL are listing carageenan as an ingredient in this food, though it is not listed on the can label and I have been reassured time and time again, that the can label  is correct, and the website is not correct.

However, now I am concerned, that if they have changed can size, have they changed the formula too. I don't want to buy the new can size, until I know for sure. I have written to them, and will post the reply here. Fortunately I stocked up during the sale, but if they have changed the formula I am going to be really devastated.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »
I know I have whined about this before... but it isn't that difficult to change the wording on a website.  Carageenan is getting to be a pretty hot topic.  You would think By Nature would WANT their website to be accurate. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »
I know.  And I said that in my e mail asking for clarification.  How hard is it to fix a website for crying out loud. Unless they've been intending all along to change the formula.  I haven't heard back yet, but she usually does take a couple of days to reply, because she goes looking for the answers for me.  I want to trust this person, but I am not very trusting any more. I just purchased 12 cases at the sale price (144 cans) and decided to go back for more and they were sold out and one flavor marked discontinued, that's what got me looking further. So..if the formula has changed I've got about 4 months to find something else, or commit to going completely raw.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 03:30:49 AM »
Put on your "Pookie" face...  think positive.  :) 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 08:03:13 AM »
Her "Pookie" face?   Bumpurr1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 08:10:29 AM »
GOOD NEWS!!!!

Thank you again for your continued feedback and you will now see that the website has been updated and the Organic information has been corrected.  There have been no changes at all in the Organic canned foods and the labels have been correct this entire time so everything should be matching up now!  Additionally, I recorded and passed your feedback on as well.

bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild

PS I wondered what a Pookie face is, too, it sounds intriguing! If it will keep me cheeruful I wanna use it!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 08:17:21 AM »
PS I wondered what a Pookie face is, too, it sounds intriguing! If it will keep me cheeruful I wanna use it!

Hmmm ... maybe I should trademark it?   ;D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 09:40:42 AM »
By the way, in my reply, thanking the CSR I wrote:

By the way, the on line stores that carry By Nature also have the incorrect ingredient list. Since more and more people are avoiding carrageenan, you might want to draw that to the attention of whoever deals with the retailers, perhaps they can contact the on line stores to update their information, also. This way you may get more sales!  I recommend this food all the time, but always have people coming back to me saying "but it has carrageenan".

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 06:09:55 PM »
Pookie face = positive thinking =  ;D

Pookie tends to see the positive side of things.  IMHO... of course.   :D

MC,
Thanks for being diligent ... hammering By Nature to get their act together.   thumbsup1

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 06:11:55 PM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 01:33:59 PM »
I was so curious about the new packaging that I ordered a case of each, even though I just stocked up with the incredible price on the last of the 6 ounce cans. (I bought twelve 12-can cases) The labels are the same, no carrageenan. An odd thing though, the new packaging cases (24 5.5 ounce cans) have a sooner best by date (June 2014) than the old packaging (12 6 ounce cans) (May 2015).

I do like to buy well ahead, just in case of recalls, because when I buy well in advance of needing it, by the time I get to that particular batch, if there is a problem with it, the chances are better that it will be discovered, and I will hear about it,  before I use it. However it's getting a bit crowded in here so I guess I won't buy any for a few months.  funny2