Author Topic: Let's play a game- which would you give up?  (Read 14692 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Let's play a game- which would you give up?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 02:46:09 AM »

I don't each much of either (I know, shame on me) so it doesn't really matter to me either way.  But I'm NOT giving up meat/animal products.

I'm not sure why exactly, but that surprises me. 

I would give up meat and fruit, before veggies. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 12:13:50 PM »
I'm not sure why exactly, but that surprises me. 

Probably because I'm the nutrition-course-taking/holistic/herbal/read lots of stuff on all of that nut.  I know I should eat more fruits and veggies.  I buy the stuff with that intention.  I just . . . forget that it's there.   :(  Or I look at it and think, "I'll prep/cook/eat that later."  And then I forget . . .
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 03:59:08 PM »
Probably because I'm the nutrition-course-taking/holistic/herbal/read lots of stuff on all of that nut.  I know I should eat more fruits and veggies.  I buy the stuff with that intention.  I just . . . forget that it's there.   :(  Or I look at it and think, "I'll prep/cook/eat that later."  And then I forget . . .

So what do you eat?

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2018, 07:28:35 AM »

Make a fruit salad, pack some for lunch and snacks.  I pack SO a piece of fruit and he will bring it back. Something he can snack on he will eat.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2018, 07:46:22 AM »
Make a fruit salad, pack some for lunch and snacks.  I pack SO a piece of fruit and he will bring it back. Something he can snack on he will eat.

thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1

It's just getting into the habit, too. You don't eat them because you're not in the habit of it. I carry an apple with me every where I go, and eat it. It is so ingrained if I forget my apple, I really miss it.

I put blueberries in my cereal. Cranberries, if I run out of blueberries.

I eat cherries, or carrots or celelry in the evening when I am hungry before supper, and sometimes as a bed time snack.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 09:29:19 AM »
I buy the fruit that is already cut up at store level.  Not the fruit that is cut and shipped to stores... if you have read any of those stories.

I am more apt to snack on fruit, if I open the fridge door and there is a tray of different varieties staring back at me.

We do the same with fresh veggies.  Only we cut those and have less variety. 

Our Jenkins will eat anything we offer him...until yesterday.  I offered him a small piece of raw broccoli.  He JUMPED away from it and then just stared at me.  I explained to him... "Yes, I know you are a strict carnivore and that your little body can't process vegetables very well, but you haven't turned down anything yet.  I offered the broccoli, more as an experiment."  I'm pretty sure he rolled his eyes at me. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018, 09:31:32 AM »
 funny2

Tags: