Author Topic: Does anyone know where to get. . .  (Read 1805 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Does anyone know where to get. . .
« on: June 22, 2015, 07:59:48 PM »
Where do you get a good Medical Alert ID tag for a dog?

Several things I've read now state one is needed for an Addison's dog.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:55:22 PM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Does anyone know where to get. . .
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 10:06:05 PM »
Thank you, Pookie. After looking at a lot of them, I might do what you said and go with a human one. They seem to be more recognizable to me than some of the others. I don't want anything that needs a website or text. That might be less likely to be paid attention to if someone actually has to do some work to get the info. At least that's what my mind is telling me for some reason.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 09:22:25 AM »
FWIW, the last 2 links looked like they could be personalized so you could put on the tag whatever you wanted.  I didn't care for the ones that had the texting or website things, either, and completely agree with you.  I think one of those could also put the phone number on the tag so the person who found him could call you.

Is Vlad microchipped?  If so, would the information on that have to be updated as well?  I don't know much about micro-chipping as I never had Pookie chipped.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:26:47 AM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 02:24:29 PM »

Is Vlad microchipped?  If so, would the information on that have to be updated as well?  I don't know much about micro-chipping as I never had Pookie chipped.

I didn't even think about his microchip info. I'll have to get that packet out again and see if I need to update that info.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 02:33:14 PM »
You're right. There was a medical information area on his microchip information registration.

I just said, "This dog has Typical Addison's disease. He needs daily medication or risks death. Please, call his vet!"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:38:55 PM by DeeDee »

Tags: