Author Topic: You don't have to believe me but....  (Read 9304 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
You don't have to believe me but....
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:16:52 PM »
I swear to you this happened. I needed to get Mazy cat's urine sample in for the recheck.  I have the sterile tubes, but each day after work there's been so much other stuff to do, I hadn't felt like having to drive back out to the vet again.

Somehow today seemed to be the day.  Mazy cat had her first serving of her pre-meal, and as is her usual routine, after she ate we headed down to the litter boxes for her to have a pee.  I took one of the tubes out of the baggy and showed it to Mazy cat and said I have to get some of your pee, Mazy cat.

She had a sniff of the tube, then jumped into the box and started to squat, with her bottom facing me. Once the pee started to flow I reached in and said "lift up just a bit Lovey", and she did, and peed right into the little tube for me.

I tipped out the overflow, capped it, and was off to the vet before she was even finished peeing.

bananamiddlechild

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: You don't have to believe me but....
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:27:05 PM »
No, I believe you.

:o jawdrop  DrLisaPiersonWorthy

The Amazing Mazy does it again for her pawsome Mommy!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »
If it was anyone else (outside of this forum), I would be thinking...  BSbaloney
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 03:11:34 PM »
When is her re-check?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 03:14:55 PM »
That's awesome. Sometimes they just understand that things have to be done so they might as well make it easy on you.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 04:01:42 PM »
Bringing the pee in is the recheck.  I actually planned to run the camera when I caught the sample, just so I had proof.   :D  but I forgot until today, that I was planning to do that.  Maybe I'll do it again, just to get some video of it.

But GDITH she's got the mouth thing again!  Now I am sure it was the weed that caused the other issue last time.  Because this morning she discovered the pile of litter boxes was high enough to reach the Catnip Bar again and she was sampling it this morning.  And right after that, she started with the mouth trouble, rubbing her face, working her tongue and jumping away from her dish.  I was all set to call the clinic this afternoon, bring her in on an emergency (my vet isn't there in the late afternoon) and insist they sedate her with a quick whiff of gas to look into her mouth.

But she is better this afternoon.  Not completely, but I think whatever was stuck (a seed?) maybe has gotten loose but now she is tender.  I'm hand feeding her again with the spatula and she is eating and staying out.

I want to see those x rays.  She must have a pocket or something somewhere that is catching things.  Like tiny seeds from catnip flowers or weed seed heads.

Anyway at lunch she came out from the bedroom looking like hell but indicated she wanted to eat.  But jumped away from her dish like she'd been stung.  I thought if it was a seed or bit of stick or leaf stuck maybe something slippery would help it slide loose so I tried to get her to eat (hand fed) a bit of canned with a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in it.  She took a lick or two but wouldn't eat any more so I smeared it on both sides of her mouth.

She IS much better this afternoon but I just don't know.  I have removed the Catnip bar.  It's too bad Jennie and Queen Eva have to suffer for Mazy cat's issues, but it can't be helped.

She has had this problem in the past too, I remember a few years ago, but it resolved itself.  At that time I thought it must be some grass stuck.  So that's it now, no grass, no weeds, no loose catnip. Ever.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 06:21:23 PM »
I just cannot believe this is happening again.  She puked up what I fed her earlier and now refuses to eat at all, and growled at me when I tried to offer her something. I mean, she tried to eat it, couldn't and growled.

I've given her a dose of buprenex (the old stuff I found there's about one dose left.) Tomorrow morning I'll just have to bring her in and leave her there so they can anesthetize her and look into her mouth.

I will try to feed her later tonight after the pain meds kick in, but won't feed her in the morning.

I just cannot believe this is happening again. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 09:18:51 PM »
 :(  I'm so sorry.  grouphug

Crossing paws all goes well tomorrow, for both of you.

GoodVibes GoodVibes GoodVibes

p.s.  Maybe it's time to chat with Mazy about her "snacking."   Silly7
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:38:13 PM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 04:44:27 AM »
She won't be snacking any more, I took away the Catnip Bar.

This morning she is asking to eat and has had her first meal hand fed on the spatula and is asking for more.  I am watching for that mouth thing she does but nothing so far.

I know i said I wouldn't feed her because she'll have to be sedated for an exam of her mouth but I can't let her starve.  It's been over 24 hours since she ate, because of puking yesterday evening.

So I'm back to wanting to wait and see.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 06:29:01 AM »
A few more tiny meals hand fed.  No trouble with her mouth, but she is accepting the hand feeding. Praying whatever was stuck in there has shifted out and she's better.  I'm going to be trying some coconut oil in some of her meals.  It has natural antibiotic properties so will be good for her mouth.  As much as I don't want her to be hungry, my bigger concern is that I don't over feed to the point she regurgitates.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 12:44:42 PM »
Lunch time..she looks way happier than she did when I came home for lunch yesterday.  She's eating on her own, tiny amounts, I can't risk a puke right now. So I am not trying to get enough food into her to meet her daily amount, I am simply aiming for enough food to keep her from liver failure.

No jumping away from the dish (though she did approach it with caution) and none of that awful scary tongue movement.

PS she decided she preferred to be fed her second lunch portion. Of course I obliged.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 04:26:41 PM »
Still eating on her own.  I have given her a flatter dish.  She was suspicious at first but I think she likes it.  I hope it wil work with raw too. Thank goodness for that left over By Nature organic!  It expires in May 2017, so I don't know what I will use for Mazy cat emergencies after that.

She's playing too.  So she is feeling better.  However I have video to show how awful it was last night,  which I will post later. I'm going to play with them now.  I am exhausted from worry and not eating again.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 06:25:03 PM »
Okay, here is the video.  I took these yesterday at lunch time.  I warn you it is not easy to watch, you can see how much her mouth is hurting her.  That little chatter/tremble, oh gosh it makes me sick to watch it. And last night it was even worse, she growled if I even came near her with a food dish.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2016, 06:27:30 PM »
Bu contrast, here she is tonight after having had a little egg yolk and By Nature organic chicken (mixed), eaten on her own, with her new plate  :D

(Thank you for prayers answered)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 07:08:36 PM »
Normally I watch everything. But right now, if it's got a warning I just can't. I can't handle much more of anything that might be upsetting. I'm glad she's acting better today though. But still, I think I'd have her checked out. You know, just in case there's some kind of opening in her mouth that needs some kind of closing or something.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: