Author Topic: You don't have to believe me but....  (Read 9306 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: You don't have to believe me but....
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 07:10:01 PM »
Bu contrast, here she is tonight after having had a little egg yolk and By Nature organic chicken (mixed), eaten on her own, with her new plate  :D

(Thank you for prayers answered)

You know, the plate thing might be a big deal now that I think about that part of it all. When Barkly poisoned himself eating hyacinths and bleeding hearts, after I got him well again, he refused to eat out of his normal bowl. He was actually suspicious of the bowl.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 07:12:56 PM »
Normally I watch everything. But right now, if it's got a warning I just can't. I can't handle much more of anything that might be upsetting. I'm glad she's acting better today though. But still, I think I'd have her checked out. You know, just in case there's some kind of opening in her mouth that needs some kind of closing or something.

Dee she had a dental and x rays 2 weeks ago.  The vet found nothing.

To have her mouth looked at Mazy cat will have to be completely sedated/anesthetized.

It's okay if you can't watch. She is so much better tonight.  I think she was pulling Reiki energy from my friend in Washington (state) overnight. Marci is sending again actively now, and I've asked her to keep it up for a couple more days just in case.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 07:18:37 PM »
Dee she had a dental and x rays 2 weeks ago.  The vet found nothing.

To have her mouth looked at Mazy cat will have to be completely sedated/anesthetized.

It's the soft tissue I'm wondering about. What if some kind of cavity in the cheek area has developed somehow. Or maybe her teeth have bitten a hole in her, and it's got to heal? That's the kind of thing I was wondering.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 07:29:57 PM »
Any of those are possible, but I don't think so.  I believe she got a catnip seed or stalk stuck in there yesterday morning. Either in her mouth, between teeth or in her throat.  She was perfectly fine up until she nibbled at the Catnip Bar.  All heck broke loose immediately after that, she was pawing at her face badly after she tried to eat her second breakfast meal and things got worse until last night she would not even allow me to feed her and growled at me when I tried.

It's gone now. I was praying all day at work, and all night in my sleep.  And she was pulling Reiki from my friend who is an Animal Reiki practitioner.  The prayers and the Reiki energy did the job, helped whatever it was shift, and she is better now.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 09:19:10 PM »
Any of those are possible, but I don't think so.  I believe she got a catnip seed or stalk stuck in there yesterday morning. Either in her mouth, between teeth or in her throat.  She was perfectly fine up until she nibbled at the Catnip Bar.  All heck broke loose immediately after that, she was pawing at her face badly after she tried to eat her second breakfast meal and things got worse until last night she would not even allow me to feed her and growled at me when I tried.

I think you're right about something getting stuck and it being gone now.  I'm so glad she's doing better, and that you both were able to avoid a trip to the vet.

Please try to eat something and get some rest.  You have had a rough couple of weeks!  grouphug
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 09:19:33 PM »
Here's a more cheerful video. :)   Hard to believe 24 hours ago she was growling in pain and now look at her!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 09:22:53 PM »
Awwww!  Thanks for sharing!   CatHug CatHug CatHug

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 09:25:30 PM »
I love watching her play her bunny kick game.  Were you able to watch the other one?  I don't blame you if you didn't.  It's difficult to see her hurting.

Way past my bed time.  too wound up but I better try.

Thanks for the support all.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2016, 09:27:21 PM »
Yes, I saw it.  I was focused more on what she was doing with her mouth/tongue to try to figure out why she was doing it than on the pain.  I think the was (trying to) work whatever-it-was loose.  And she did!   thumbsup1

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 05:34:04 AM »
I gave her about 1/4 tsp of coconut oil in her last meal of the night. Coconut oil is a good natural antibiotic and soothing and healing.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 08:47:42 AM »
You know, the plate thing might be a big deal now that I think about that part of it all. When Barkly poisoned himself eating hyacinths and bleeding hearts, after I got him well again, he refused to eat out of his normal bowl. He was actually suspicious of the bowl.

She loves her new flat plate!  Of course it doubles my work. Still have to warm the food in the bowl before transferring to the plate.  But she's worth it.

Glad it worked for Barkly too.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2016, 05:01:02 AM »
All is well here now.  Mazy cat is very lovely and clinging.  Every time I look at her she is looking at me with adoration. Her mouth is fine and I hope to have her back to full raw by the end of this week.

Now that's enough! No more cat crisis for a while please.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2016, 02:48:00 PM »
I sure am glad Mazy is better.  What an odd thing to happen! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2016, 03:43:32 PM »
I sure am glad Mazy is better.  What an odd thing to happen! 

Thanks Lola. Did you watch the video?

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2016, 08:43:03 PM »
All is well here now.  Mazy cat is very lovely and clinging.  Every time I look at her she is looking at me with adoration. Her mouth is fine and I hope to have her back to full raw by the end of this week.

Now that's enough! No more cat crisis for a while please.

multistars multistars multistars multistars

Tags: