Author Topic: Me, I, and MY Concerns (double post)  (Read 1458 times)

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Me, I, and MY Concerns (double post)
« on: January 20, 2012, 12:28:28 PM »
Put this in members only but .... why? So posting it public....

Just had yet another person IRL tell me about "all that time you spend posting 'That Stuff' when you don't even have any pets.;"
So I informed them -- and this is speaking for everyone who has had somebody call them "obsessed" with posting "Stuff" on the Internet:

OK, if I ever know of a 10 car pile up or a HUUUUGE hole down the road, or criminal activity going on, I'm not gonna tell ANYBODY and just let them drive on down!!!!!!!!!!!  

Newsflash: There are MANY REASONS those pets "I don't even have now" are DEAD!!!!
 flamingangry
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:32:38 PM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Me, I, and MY Concerns (double post)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 01:57:18 PM »
 grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug heartbeatgif grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

I'm so sorry.   :'(
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 02:07:56 PM »
I tell whoever, that it is the "obsessed" crowd that clued me in... concerning our oldest male cat.  
Not only am I grateful that, YOU and people like you, saved him from possibly a LOT of pain and suffering, PU surgery,...or death.  Saved me from HUGE vet bills as well.  
When he first started acting weird...the Internet was the first place I looked for info.  I read enough to persuade me to take him to the ER, to have him checked out.  
When my vet said feed wet...back to the internet to "verify" info.  Found www.catinfo.org.  Yadda, yadda, yadda...you know the story.  
If I turned to the Internet for info...others are also.
By the way, if HE outlives me, he has a bus ticket to go live with you.  Check his luggage though.  He may have 2 dogs and 6 other cats packed.  

I am TRULY sorry that you didn't find someone, like yourself, that could have helped you and your dogs.    grouphug
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 03:27:10 PM »
 grouphug You two. 

Just venting against the people which we  (us "Internet Pet People")  put up with, making ignorant comments, dismissing everything just because.  I don't bust on them when they watch TV, it's their perrogative.

In the catsfur Purina thread, even the OP of that one thread was taking 'offense" to statements made about the Company & it's food.
 :o 
Wonder if Purina will jump to pay the person's vet bills, and replace the sister's dead cat...  (which can't be 'replaced'...)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 06:04:55 PM »
If it weren't for the pet people, on the internet, I would never have figured out, why, Prowler kept blocking up, even when put on Hills Science Diet, by his vet at that time. To all those un-named people, a huge THANK YOU!

When people call you obsessed, you ask them why, they feel, you are obsessed, put the ball in their court. Then be ready, for any comment, they may make. Ya gotta get good, at debating.

Those people that are giving you a hard time, put them on here, Bump will squish them like a bug, mol. 

Regarding that catsfur post, debating with her, would of earned Bump a bath, not worth it. He just will no longer reply, to that kitty's posts, their loss.  And not going to purrsue it with Purina, Bump doesn't eat it, again, he could have won, their loss.  All I can do, is give them the information.

On the Blue Buffalo site, on FB, the people that mention, they feed a Purina product, and/or in the process of switching it over, I give them the FDA site. Its up to them, to research it further.

Bump is still alive, and doing very well, because, I did not take 2 cardiologists word, that he was not going to live past 1 yr old. I did extensive, beyond extensive research on HCM. It saved his life, ya, about him, I am obsessed, and to all those people, I say, take your best shot.     

Bump is always here, for his buds on here, well, except, when Dallas is playing, mol, mol, mol.