Author Topic: Letter to Radio Station  (Read 2023 times)

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Letter to Radio Station
« on: July 07, 2012, 07:03:15 PM »
One of the 3 main stations I listen to had a DJ talking about a promotion they're doing with Purina (new "breakfast" food).

Hope more people will do this when they hear such garbage.   Here's the letter I just fired off to their advertising person:

to whom it may concern:

I was a B101 listener until having heard a commercial this evening, promoting a "breakfast" cat food gimmick by Purina and wish to let you know why The Bee is being removed from the auto tunes on my 3 radios: 

Please don't take a layperson's word for anything --  Dr. Elizabeth Hodgkins, DVM/ESQ, who  testified before the Senate at the Subcommittee Hearings in 2007 has the patent on Purina dm WET food. She's also written books.  Here is her testimony:

http://landofpuregold.com/petfood-hodgkins.htm 
You can google the below for the file to download yourselves if you don't trust links in emails.

[PDF]

Testimony by Dr. Elizabeth Hodgkins Appropriations Agriculture ...
www.appropriations.senate.gov/news.cfm?method=news...id...
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Apr 12, 2007 – Testimony by Dr. Elizabeth Hodgkins. Appropriations Agriculture Subcommittee Hearing. Pet Food Safety. April 12, 2007. Chairman Kohl ... "

If you do check the first link, the video you'll see posted is a documentary which aired in Canada in 2008. Features Veterinarians Dr. Elizabeth Hodgkins and Professor Marion Smart -- veterinarians who broke away from the grasp of the almighty commercial pet food industry.
See also www.diabeticcatcare.com for more information on Dr. Hodgkins, or google her name for her credentials.

Why not look into this sordid mess before promoting a company who has everyone from veterinarians to everyone in the mainstream media in their pockets?  Do you know who owns Ralston Purina? Do you know who funds each and every veterianry university? 

See this Harvard Law Paper written in 2006; Author left no stone unturned:

http://leda.law.harvard.edu/leda/data/784/Patrick06.html

God forbid somebody on the radio would inform their listeners of this -- new ones coming in steadily, while somebody called "Snooky" is crammed down peoples' throats.   READ the stories of these pet owners who let advertising "guide" them, and allowed them to put their pets and themselves through all the misery:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/ralston.html

My family learned it all the hard way.
Gonna miss the Bee in the mornings, and Saturday night '80s...

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Letter to Radio Station
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 10:03:44 PM »
Pretty darn good letter!   thumbsup1 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Growlies

• Yapper
    • Growlies.ca
Re: Letter to Radio Station
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 06:58:54 PM »
Letter writing has far more impact that people can imagine.

Good on you.