Author Topic: The Truth About Dry Food  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
The Truth About Dry Food
« on: December 20, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »
Snip...

The Truth About Dry Cat Food

People sometimes ask me if I can recommend a good dry cat food, but I cannot. Dry food — kibble — is the worst possible food you can feed to your cat. It is a moneymaking venture of pet food manufacturers that is leading to horrible chronic disease in cats. It is marketed as a product that is 100 percent nutritionally complete for all stages of your cat's life. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Grains are typically classified as carbohydrates and are composed primarily of starch. Pet food manufacturers lead the consumer to believe grains provide energy, protein, fat, fiber, minerals and vitamins to cats. The cat is a member of order Carnivora. Cats and other members of the superfamily Feloidea are considered obligate carnivores as they have strict requirements for certain nutrients that can only be found in animal tissues. Cats cannot synthesize taurine or arginine, amino acids found only in meat. They lack the ability to convert linoleic acid (contain in plants) to arachidonic acid (contained in animal fat). They cannot convert beta-carotene to vitamin A. Cats cannot decrease activity of hepatic enzymes when fed low-protein foods — they must consume a high protein diet. Cats must eat meat to survive.

http://www.blakkatz.com/dryfood.html
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
Re: The Truth About Dry Food
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 02:29:37 AM »
Great site. I used to post this site over and over again at Catsfur!
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Tags: