Author Topic: I loved catering to him  (Read 4172 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
I loved catering to him
« on: April 09, 2012, 09:42:40 PM »
This time of year, as the angle of the sun changes, it shines onto my bed in the morning, right about the time the cats get their breakfast. This was my Sweet Boy's Favorite Thing.  He LOVED to hang out in the unmade bed in a puddle of sunlight.  Nothing would move him, not even breakfast.

Can't I eat here?

Pleeeeese, Mom?

needless to say

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: I loved catering to him
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 01:14:35 AM »
 grouphug grouphug grouphug kissyou

Simply beautiful, Middle Child.  Thank you for sharing. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:29:02 PM »
OH MY GOSH!  The pictures are GREAT.  Wasn't expecting the 3rd to be what it is.  You are a riot!
(((MC)))
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 01:34:41 PM »
Aww thanks you guys.  So I surprised you? :D  I would have done anything for that cat, to see that he ate enough.  He was not a good eater at all. Heck I did anything I could for him to make his life happy and nice.  YOU guys know, you are the same.

And how he LOVED that morning Sun Beam, in the unmade bed.  The unmade bed was an important factor.  It still smelled of me, you know, and the covers (down comforter at this time of year) all bunched in a lump.  That Sun Beam at that time of day only lasts about a month.  And he was there, every day it was.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 06:05:40 PM »
As usual this time of year, as the Sun Beam starts hitting the bed in the morning, I start thinking about my Sweet Pea boy and how much he loved that morning Sun Beam. This morning it was seeing  Top Cat enjoying the Sun Beam that made me think of it.

And thinking of it, I had a vague memory of some video I took of him bathing in his morning spring sun beam so I went looking in my gallery files and found it!

(video is in photobucket, click on picture to play)

While I'm at it, here's TC this morning, who instigated the search for that video,  enjoying that Sun Beam

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 06:37:30 PM »
BEAUTIFUL! I  heartbeatgif heartbeatgif heartbeatgif your photos! 

kisses3 I'm glad you have so many happy memories of him! kisses3
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 09:02:34 AM »
grouphug grouphug grouphug  :-* :-* HeadButt HeadButt CatPurr
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
Thanks you guys. I dithered over re-opening this thread from last year or starting a fresh one, but the new thoughts and video really did belong here, don't you think?  He was such a special boy, he's been on my mind really a lot. I've seen a flash of white feet out of the corner of my eye twice in the past three days.  It better be HIM, and not some other cat waiting to be found.  I've told him many times to not send me anyone else.  Three are enough.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 08:24:38 PM »
Thanks you guys. I dithered over re-opening this thread from last year or starting a fresh one, but the new thoughts and video really did belong here, don't you think?  He was such a special boy, he's been on my mind really a lot. I've seen a flash of white feet out of the corner of my eye twice in the past three days.  It better be HIM, and not some other cat waiting to be found.  I've told him many times to not send me anyone else.  Three are enough.

Yes, it belonged here. That way everyone gets to see the whole story instead of splitting it up!

You sound like my hubs. "No. You can NOT have more!" :-\
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 10:21:56 PM »
Yes, it belonged here. That way everyone gets to see the whole story instead of splitting it up!

Thanks Dee Dee. That's what I thought too!

You sound like my hubs. "No. You can NOT have more!" :-\

For me, it's about quality of life, for both myself and my three existing cats.  If I had four, I would not be able to feed them as I am feeding them now, financially speaking.

As for me,  I did have four, and three is so much less work than four, it makes a huge difference. I loved having four, and I've been lucky several times to have had four cats at one time.  But now that I am older, three is a better number for me.  Little Cat was sent to us (she made four) by my Bridge Angel who left us in May 2009 (her leaving put me at 3 again), at the time LC came I didn't know why, but when my sweet boy left us a year later, then I knew. But we are definitely complete, as we are now. :)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 10:38:15 PM »

As for me,  I did have four, and three is so much less work than four, it makes a huge difference. I loved having four, and I've been lucky several times to have had four cats at one time.  But now that I am older, three is a better number for me.  Little Cat was sent to us (she made four) by my Bridge Angel who left us in May 2009 (her leaving put me at 3 again), at the time LC came I didn't know why, but when my sweet boy left us a year later, then I knew. But we are definitely complete, as we are now. :)

I said something about getting another one to him in front of one of the vets--that one you all know I don't like anymore--and she said, "He's right you know. Two of them are liable to bond more than either will with the 3rd one, and then you're going to have some issues with two ganging up on one. I've seen it time and time again."

Meh...he hasn't forgotten it, believe you me!

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 12:36:08 AM »
Well... I would have cried, but TC's little face made me smile instead.  Glad you have fun memories and video of your sweat boy.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 06:13:00 AM »
Happy Gotcha Day, Dear Tolly Sweet Pea, my sweet boy. I think of you every day. 

I just found these pictures of Ootay lovingly washing Tolly's face and chin, Tolly enjoying every minute of it.   There is no date on the pics but my best guess is around 2006, as Ootay looks in robust health here. I imagine they spend their heavenly days together forever now.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 08:11:53 PM »
 CatHug

Tags: