Author Topic: Last day for the NY bill, please ask people to call  (Read 3600 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Last day for the NY bill, please ask people to call
« on: June 15, 2016, 04:28:00 PM »
LAST DAY TO CALL! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE FROM NEW YORK. We need your help...Today!

THE NY LEGISLATION SESSION IS ENDING. WE MUST ACT NOW. As we have told you, we are working hard to pass legislation in New York, A.1297/S.5084, that would make New York the first state in the nation to ban the inhumane practice of declawing. The New York State Veterinary Medical Society is working to kill this bill.
Please take a moment to make quick, polite phone calls. Simply tell the staff member who answers the phone:

"My name is _____, and I strongly support Bill A1297/S5084 to prohibit cat declawing. Please bring pass this bill. Thank you!"

MAKE YOUR FIRST CALL TO:
Assemblyman William Magee (Committee Chair - Assembly)
(518) 455-4807
AND ADDITIONAL CALLS TO:
Senate Majority Leader John Flanagan
(518) 455-2071
Senator John Bonacic (Orange, Sullivan, Ulster, Delaware Counties)
(518) 455-3181
Senator John DeFrancisco (Onondaga County - Syracuse)
(518) 455-3511
Senator Marty Golden (Brooklyn)
(518) 455-2730
Senator Kemp Hannon (Long Island)
(518) 455-2200
Senator Joe Robach (Monroe County - Rochester)
(518) 455-2909
If you are a constituent residing in their NY state district...PLEASE TELL THEM!
That's it!! The Paw Project appreciates your help to move this important bill in the right direction!

it's easy.  Even I was able to do it and I have severe phone phobia.

Here's the paw project link

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Last day for the NY bill, please ask people to call
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 05:44:24 PM »
I need you to edit with the link before I Tweet it.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 07:00:51 PM »
how?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 07:16:05 PM »
You said "Here is the paw project link," and didn't have it right there in the post.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 07:16:46 PM »
And this link in your signature http://www.declawing.com/htmls/declawing.htm gives a 404 now

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 07:29:52 PM »
I'll fix my sig thatnks for the heads up.  But I actual cut and pasted the lINK in that first post.  It came out that way I don't know why.  try the other lik I posted above your post.

If you click on the pic in the first post it IS a link and takes you straight to the paw project pic and post.  but the other link will take you to the paw project FB page with the same info

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 07:35:08 PM »
I'll fix my sig thatnks for the heads up.  But I actual cut and pasted the lINK in that first post.  It came out that way I don't know why.  try the other lik I posted above your post.

If you click on the pic in the first post it IS a link and takes you straight to the paw project pic and post.  but the other link will take you to the paw project FB page with the same info

Something bizarre is going on. The part in red isn't view-able to me either. I never saw that 2nd part until I hit "quote." See what I see in the attached screenshot for the first one:

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 07:38:55 PM »
Something bizarre is going on. The part in red isn't view-able to me either. I never saw that 2nd part until I hit "quote." See what I see in the attached screenshot for the first one:

Look now.  I had edited my post.  That's why you didn't see it the first time.  I was probably editing while you were starting to reply.  Sorry about that!  funny2

But I don't know why the first link came out like that.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 07:41:40 PM »
Oh wait..you say you don't see the link in my first post?  I mean..I cut and pasted the text, then posted the link. I didn't know the link was going to show as the actual picture and text again.  That IS weird.

I hope people are calling.  The AVMA and the NYVMA went crazy trying to get every member, whether they agree with declawing or not, to call against the bill.  Can you imagine. Asking their members to go against their values and ethics like that?  It's disgusting.

Gosh I hope it goes through.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 07:44:35 PM »
I don't know where the link was in the original post. I just knew it wasn't there, and when I decided you meant the one in your signature, it didn't work.

LOL. The link STILL isn't in the original post.

funny2 funny2 funny2

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 07:47:43 PM »
You don't see this in my first post? I just took these screen shots of the bottom half of my 1st post

(had to take two screen shots to show the whole thing

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 07:49:30 PM »
If I click on "see more" (in my first post) it expands the text.  If I click on the picture of the little cat it takes me to the Paw Project post

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 07:51:53 PM »
You don't see this in my first post? I just took these screen shots of the bottom half of my 1st post

(had to take two screen shots to show the whole thing

Nope. I showed you what I saw in the screen-shot that I attached.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 09:33:35 PM »
I can see everything that is in MC's screen shot.  Also, all links work for me. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: