This And That - Often Non Pet Related Topics > Calendar Events

Happy Gotcha Day, Jenkins!

(1/3) > >>

Lola:
Tomorrow Jenkins, the little booger, will be with us for a year. He has come a long way.  Petting is limited.  He has some verrrrrry specific rules.  lol 
His fear, of humans, seems to vanish when food is involved.  I'm bribing him with chicken, for this picture.

DeeDee:
Happy Gotcha Day, Jenks!

I really love his eyes, Lola. They're amazing.

Middle Child:
What a precious beautiful boy he is.  His nose is such a delicate shade of pink!  He truly HAS come a long way, thanks to your loving care.  Happy Jenkin's Gotcha Day to you all!

PS The calendar has Thanksgiving listed a week early.

Lola:
I love his beautiful green eyes and his little pink nose too.  Thanks.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving info.  Good eye!  I wonder what other holidays they screwed up.  lol  Anyway, I removed it and then manually entered the correct date. 

Lola:
Jenkins is our only shelter cat.  We adopted him 4 years ago tomorrow... the 11th.  Best thing we ever did for him AND for us! 

Some of you may remember that he was 100% people un-friendly.  For many months, he did a LOT of hiding.  If he felt trapped (no escape from humans), he would hiss and spit at us.  If we got too close or moved to fast... hiss and spit. 

We gave him his space, but continued to work with him s l o w l y. 

Fast forward 4 years:  He will sit in hubby's lap once in a while, IF Lilly is also in hubby's lap.  Lilly is his safety net.  She has been since his first day here.
He won't cuddle with either of us, but he will sleep at the foot of the bed... even if Lilly is not in the room.  That is HUGE for him. 
He will take food from our fingers.  He will actually lick the food from our fingers now.  He used to "bite" it from our fingers. 
He will allow us to pet him... for a short time.  He likes the area right above his tail the most.  Under his chin is a favorite spot also.  He has to see us coming...slowly.  He doesn't like surprises. 

His favorite game is The Feather Toy.  He can run, jump, play... while keeping a safe distance from the humans. 
Jenkins has big beautiful green eyes.  He doesn't meow... he squeaks.  He also has to "spin around" 3x before each meal is served. 
Neither hubby or I have ever held him.  He promised me that I will be able to hug him at least once, before I die.  :) 

Hubby and I are the only humans he trusts.  He may not trust us 100%, but he has come a looooong way. 

We love him to pieces!  Happy Gotcha Day, Jenkins! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version