Author Topic: Remembering 9-11  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Remembering 9-11
« on: September 11, 2014, 11:31:24 AM »
 heartbeatgif
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Remembering 9-11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 08:05:28 PM »
Animals always say it best.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:27:47 PM »
I saw that commercial was only aired once.... In apprecaiation, not for profit. 

Discovery channel is showing 9-11 programs.  One after another.  I have been glued to the TV today.  Just finished "9-11 Surfer."  Took the man 11 years to tell his story... MAJOR survivor's guilt. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 04:49:15 AM »
 I can't...I can't cope with it, even now. The other day a college student came in to pay a parking ticket and asked me if he could leave some flyers advertising a candlelight vigil they were having on campus on 9/11.  To his surprise and shock I burst into tears as I looked at the flyer.

I just can't.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
For reasons I can't go into, that was one of the scariest days of my family's lives. Won't ever forget that day. I don't say much about it, try to not publicly mourn it, because seeing mourners remembering gives ALL those anti-American terrorists, the world over, a thrill.

To us it's a sad day in history. To them it's a public holiday of rejoicing. I don't want to give them any reason at all to continue rejoicing over it. So mostly, I just remember in silence. This is the only place online that I've said anything about it at all. I sure didn't show my face publicly at any of the ceremonies.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 11:48:44 AM »
grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug MC, DEE and EVERYONE grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »
I guess I don't see it as giving the terrorists a day to celebrate, but more as...respect for the ones that lost their lives, ones that gave their lives unselfishly, ones that risked their lives and survived, family and friends, etc. 
Someone as "simple" as the lady that worked for Verizon (a call from someone on Flight 93, was directed to her for some reason) was "there" when needed. 
Sooooooo many gave soooooo much... in big and small ways. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 09:36:19 PM »
I heard this song on the way to work this morning.  No one is under any obligation to listen or watch -- I know it's difficult for many -- I just wanted to share as it touched me, esp. since it also mentions PA and DC.  It's called "Have You Forgotten?"

No.  We haven't and we won't.   usasmile SadTissueBox

2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: