Cats > Cat Food And Nutrition

Shadow Cat's Dadruff

(1/2) > >>

ThreeStep:
This time of the year her dandruff is bad again. Short hair, brushed daily at least once, heavy kneading when she is on my desk. Fish oil, eggs - not only no but forget it. Vet is basically useless unless I buy a bag of homeo products which she is pushing. Just as example - she did not know that the recommended hamp oil from the recommended source 40 miles down the road comes in 500 cc only. I was not supposed to drown the cat but give her 2-3 drops daily to see if it has an effect. Well, at 75$ and 80 miles I was not one to the experiment.

DeeDee:

--- Quote from: ThreeStep on June 24, 2018, 02:27:42 PM ---Vet is basically useless unless I buy a bag of homeo products which she is pushing. Just as example - she did not know that the recommended hamp oil from the recommended source 40 miles down the road comes in 500 cc only. I was not supposed to drown the cat but give her 2-3 drops daily to see if it has an effect. Well, at 75$ and 80 miles I was not one to the experiment.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Dogs and cats cannot efficiently convert plant sources of omega-3 fats into appropriate amounts of DHA and EPA, so the best option for omega-3 fats is to use an animal-based source such as krill oil or sardines.
--- End quote ---

From: https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2016/06/10/dog-diet-healthy-oils.aspx

Lola:
She may have something else going on, but does she eat kibble?  I ONLY ask because... dandruff was no longer an issue with any of our cats, once they were no longer fed kibble. 

Pookie:
Did you notice the dandruff getting better with brushing?  I'm wondering if daily, sometimes more than once a day, is too much, but my brain is fried today so I may be way off-base.

ThreeStep:
No kibble and she comes to get brushed, actually demands it. Maybe she will share sardines with me. Now I got cravings and my whiskers are sprouting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version