Author Topic: RadCat  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
RadCat
« on: December 29, 2017, 06:14:25 PM »
I'm sure there are a million threads about RadCat raw, but....  couldn't find the one I was looking for.

I just ordered a massive amount for the cats and dog.  It hasn't been in our rotation for a while, mostly due to cost.  I got a bit of a bonus this year, soooooo what better thing to spend it on, then pet food!  lol  Plus, sometimes I just don't want to mix and/or grind. 
As far as the HPP controversy... there are bigger things for me to stress about.  Besides... rotation, rotation, rotation. 

The one thing I did forget... since it hasn't been in our rotation for several months, Roxy will consider it new food.  Roxy doesn't like new foods... 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: RadCat
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 07:33:35 PM »
 They've changed their formula by the way.  I've just been complaining about it in the IBD group, hadn't yet had the energy to update Mazy cat's thread.  And being accused of "attacking" Rad Cat company because whatever they've done, Mazy cat cannot keep it down.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 10:01:41 PM »
They've changed their formula by the way.  I've just been complaining about it in the IBD group, hadn't yet had the energy to update Mazy cat's thread.  And being accused of "attacking" Rad Cat company because whatever they've done, Mazy cat cannot keep it down.

D*mn it!

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 07:53:08 AM »
 Message to Rad Cat:

I am still waiting for answers. I have two tubs in front of me. The old turkey and the new turkey. Here is what I see:
The old turkey vs new turkey:
first ingredient: turkey thigh and leg vs turkey thigh and/or leg
protein% 14.2 vs 13.9
fat% 5.5 vs 6.8
fiber% 0.8 vs 0.4
moisture% 79.6 vs 77.6
calories 32.5 per oz vs 30 per oz
These are significant changes. They aren't caused by adding a "tiny amount of vitamin e". I have been feeding this food for almost 6 years. I want to know what you've changed to make my cat so intolerant of it. I am now suspecting it is the meat source. I am concerned that you are using meat that has been raised on GMO feed.

Lola your cats will probably be fine.  Queen Eva hasn't had any trouble.  Just Mazy cat.  She is my GMO detector.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 08:24:06 PM »
I'm guessing you never heard back from them?

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 08:54:08 AM »
Sorry forgot about this thread.  Yes I was answered.

Here is the post that you read on FB when we made the announcement about the new packaging and the Vit. E addition:

“Vit E is a great natural antioxidant that is often used as a preservative, even for frozen products. It's also an added nutritional benefit to the food. Our products have always had good vit E values, but a little bit extra will only be beneficial. It's such a tiny bit, it barely has increased our old values, so there's no worry that it might be too much. We're always looking to improve our formulations and this is something we've considered adding for a while.”

As for the change in the GA, there is always variation when re-testing. There is a good explanation of how GA should be calculated here: http://petfood.aafco.org/Nutritional-Labeling, The deviation that you see is actually very minimal. We update our packaging to reflect our testing, where other manufacturers may not, simply because it can cause confusion for folks. I’d rather be honest and answer the questions when they come. The change in calories was actually a slight miscalculation on my part, so the new tubs are correct. 2.5 kcal/oz is a very small difference. And, anything less than a 2% variation is not considered to be significant.

We have had much conversation in the past, mostly in the way of posts by you. I have said in the past that adding the Vit. E has been our only change with our formula recently. It is the only change we’ve made.

Turkey thigh and leg muscle are both dark meat sources and equal in taste, texture and nutrition. We’ve used these cuts since our inception in both poultry products.

We have not changed meat sources. If you are feeding the turkey, we have been very transparent that the turkey we use is free-range, not certified organic, so there is a chance that these turkeys are fed GMO feed. We haven’t changed suppliers, but are moving toward working with only non-GMO certified farms for our turkey. The chicken we use is still organic, so it's non-GMO fed for sure.

I know I’ve asked this before, but have you considered making your own food? That way you know exactly what goes into it and can make it 100% to your own specs.

I’m truly sorry that your kitty is suffering and I hope you can find another food that she can tolerate.

I have begun re-introducing the turkey, based on this reply. No only do I want to trust them that badly, I want Mazy cat to have at least two proteins in her diet.

I do know how difficult it is to find non-GMO Project Verified turkey sources.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 10:54:00 AM »
Thanks for the update!

Tags: