Author Topic: Mike Flanagan's suicide leaves former Baltimore Orioles teammates...  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Mike Flanagan's suicide leaves former Baltimore Orioles teammates, friends searching for answers

Suicide…self-inflicted gunshot to the face…despondent over the state of the Orioles…shut off all his friends.

"It's just so sad," Singleton said, as I approached him after Girardi had concluded his press conference. "It's just unbelievable. The last time I talked to him was when (the Orioles) were here, July 31. After the game, I drove him to Penn Station. We were together in the car for about 25 minutes. It was a good talk. He told me: 'This is no way for this team to be.' Everybody told me that he was really despondent about the Orioles and the fact that people were blaming him.

"We all told him to stop reading the internet."

For 15 of his 18 seasons as one of the premier lefthanded pitchers in the American League, Flanagan was an Oriole, winning the Cy Young Award in 1979 when he was 23-9 with a 3.08 ERA and going 12-4 with a 3.20 ERA for their 1983 world championship team.

More:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2011/08/25/2011-08-25_mike_flanagans_suicide_leaves_former_baltimore_orioles_teammates_friends_searchi.html?r=topnews

Heart breaking...  :'(
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: