Author Topic: Devastating news By Nature Organics has discontinued Mazy cat's food  (Read 12106 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
The first I heard about it was an e mail from Pet360 that it had been removed from my autoship. I've just been to the By Nature Website. The Turkey&Chicken is no longer listed. (nor is the Turkey &Liver)

This is the ONLY food (aside from Rad Cat one meal a day) that she can eat.   ONLY the By Nature Organic Turkey and Chicken. 

As you all know I have tried countless other foods with her.

My god, what am I going to do? I am devastated.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Devastating news By Nature Organics has discontinued Mazy cat's food
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 05:21:02 PM »
Check out every site you know that sells--maybe has some left to stock up with for giving you time to try some other stuff? Maybe even try turkey & chicken canned dog foods if you have to?
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 05:56:41 PM »
Carp!  Not as bad for my bunch, because they do eat other brands and flavors, but.... Damn it! 
I checked a few pet food websites... Gone.  I find that odd.  Very odd. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 06:56:29 PM »
Yep, all gone.  Even the ones that come up on search, when you click on "add to cart" an "out of stock" pops up.

I have enough to last during a transition to something else.  The problem is, there IS nothing else.  Mazy's system is so messed up, she really can't tolerate any changes in diet....some of you know what I've gone through the past two years trying to find foods she can handle, trying to broaden her variety of foods.  It never works.

There are two brands she can eat, three foods all together. Rad Cat frozen raw; the chicken and the turkey, and By Nature Organics turkey&chicken.  I've tried numerous times to increase the amount of Rad Cat and cut back on the By Nature, nothing doing.  She pukes up the rad cat if I try to feed it as an afternoon or evening meal.

She pukes up the prey model raw I feed the other two.  She has puked up every other brand or formula I have tried to feed her but those three things.

She can't even eat the other By nature Organics, just the one. The irony is, the only one they kept is the By Nature Organics chicken&liver, which happens to be the LEAST favorite in this house. Jennie will eat anything, but Queen Eva doesn't particularly like the chicken&liver and usually won't eat it.

Oh Lord I hadn't even thought about what Queen Eva will eat.  With her it's not a sickness issue it's a finicky issue. I keep trying a variety of things with her, and will continue to do that, because she can tolerate many foods, she just doesn't like them.

But I just don't know what to do about Mazy cat's food. This is just too horrible.

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 08:12:37 PM »
If I was in the USA I would send you some. I saw it at the pet feed store. Maybe you can email them and tell them your issue, and maye they have something comparable?
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 05:29:09 AM »
Thanks Shadow, unfortunately it's not that simple.  I have been trying "comparable" foods for two years to try to expand her variety.  Her system just can't tolerate any changes.  She even has trouble when I start a new batch of the same food.

I have to do it very gradually, when I am getting close to feeding from a new batch I have to start giving very small amounts of the new batch each day. 

Like I said, she can't even eat the other formulas of the same food. I really don't know what I am going to do.

Well obviously I am going to have to start trying new foods again.

Has to be organic. ALL organic.

No grains, no fruits or veggies, no carrageenan, no xanthanan gum, no fish, low carb, made in USA, all ingredients sourced from USA or Canada.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 08:57:51 AM »
I do like Shadow's idea of contacting them, if only to find out why they discontinued and if this is temporary.  AND to let them know that this is a serious problem for you and Mazy.

grouphug grouphug grouphug
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 09:23:08 AM »
I did contact them.  Havent heard back yet. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 09:58:34 AM »
Speaking of By Nature...

Over the past nine months, we have seen a growing shortage of organic turkey which has caused us to go out of stock on some of our products and has caused severe ordering issues on others. Based on this adverse situation, we have decided that we are discontinuing all of our products that currently use organic turkey as an ingredient.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and as a reminder, this will affect the wet food that contains Organic Turkey only but unfortunately, that does include the Organic Turkey & Chicken, which has been one of our top sellers.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 10:18:27 AM »
Maybe in time they'll bring it back?  fingerscrossed  (Not that that helps anyone right now . . .  :()
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 10:22:25 AM »
grouphug MC

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:51:59 PM by Shadow »
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 03:44:10 PM »
Where did you see that By Nature announcement Lola?  It's an explanation, but of course still makes me desperately unhappy.

Throughout my day today I kept getting this feeling of anxiety.  then I would have to stop and think why.  Then I would remember.

Odd that Rad Cat is not having any trouble obtaining organic turkey.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 03:46:29 PM »
Homecooked??
or can you order this and try?
http://www.firstmate.com/cat-food/canned-limited-ingredient/turkey-formula/

Unfortunately, the First Mate is not organic. And potato is the third ingredient.

I already feed prey model raw to the other two.  She does not keep it down.

I appreciate any other ideas, ANY, don't mean to be a "why don't you yes-but" but I really have almost exhausted my resources when it comes to her. I just don't know what to do.

so please, keep offering ideas, but try not to think I am being snarky if I say why "that won't work", okay?  Thank you!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 04:00:47 PM »
I DO know that turkey is the 3rd most expensive meat from the supplier we ended up with for convenience.

#1 Rabbit = $4.44 lb
#2 Duck = $1.87 lb
#3 Turkey = $1.77 lb
#4 Venison (IF they have it) = $1.53 lb
#5 Quail = $1.50 lb

There are 4 other meats available, but as you can see, Turkey is strangely expensive considering it's in the middle of some more odd, "exotic" meats.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: