Author Topic: By Nature Organic  (Read 4924 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
By Nature Organic
« on: January 11, 2015, 11:58:30 AM »
It is getting more and more difficult to buy the two organic (cat) flavors they have left.  Just a heads up! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: By Nature Organic
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 11:13:27 AM »
Just the one chicken is still listed on their website.  CARP!!!  Their other lines have carrageenan, spinach, etc.  Pfffft!
http://www.bynaturepetfoods.com/cat-food/organic/index.php

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »
I sent an e mail yesterday asking if the chicken&liver is being discontinued.

It is "out of stock" at Pet 360 which is where I have my autoship.  I skipped the last ship, now I regret that, not knowing when I will get any more. I looked on amazon and one store had the chicken&liver, but they want $55 for a case, plus shipping.  That's just outright gouging.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 01:17:38 PM »
I was able to order two cases of turkey from PetFoodDirect.  They sent me an email today that it has been shipped. 
My chicken auto-ship is with Chewy.com.... still waiting to hear if it is going to be shipped or not. 

I saw the one on Amazon.  They apparently know that there are "issues," and have jacked up the price. 

One time I asked on By Nature's Facebook page if they were phasing out the organic line.  They wouldn't answer the question... told me to send them a PM or email (don't remember which now).  I didn't.   

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 05:00:42 PM »
Organic turkey?  That was one of the proteins they stopped making.  According to the website the only one left in the organic line is the chicken and liver, though I see the chicken and salmon advertised on Pet360.

I haven't received a reply to my query yet.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 05:20:15 PM »
by Nature Organics Organic Turkey & Turkey Liver Canned Cat Food
- is on my invoice.  We will see if that is what I receive.  :)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
I am so sorry to tell you this updated information I just received but due to our situation with losing our cannery we have worked with since 2006, we are no longer going to be producing Organic wet food because we cannot find a certified Organic facility at this time.  This news has been heartbreaking and (my name), I am so very sorry to have to confirm that with you!

I am not certain if any of our Online Retailers have any remaining stock of the Organic Chicken & Chicken Liver but I know Pet Food Direct did have a new surplus of the Organic Turkey & Turkey Liver if interested.  If you haven’t done so, you may want to click on the links to our Online Retailers to review. http://www.bynaturepetfoods.com/retailer_locator/

I wish you well and want you to know you can always reach out to me for added assistance, although we have added these inconveniences due to the ongoing issues with our cannery.  We are hearing feedback from consumers and retailers alike who say other pet food companies are in the same situation, which is so unfortunate!  Let me know if I can answer any other questions (my name), thank you.

Sincerely,

BECKY ANSON

Customer Service Representative

World’s Best Cat Litter™ | By Nature®

What the heck am I going to feed Mazy cat now?  This is devastating news.  Just devastating.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 04:05:04 PM »
What the heck am I going to feed Mazy cat now?  This is devastating news.  Just devastating.

:(  Do you have time to transition her to something else?  Is there anything else out there that she can tolerate, even if it has something less than ideal in the ingredients?
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 04:29:34 PM »
I have plenty of time to transition, but I never stop searching for foods for her and I have not found anything else.  Less than desirable ingredients will not work for Mazy.  Ingredients are what matters the most, in what she eats. She can't have any grains, not even the tiniest bit.  She can't have fruits or vegetables, with the exception of the "organic pea flour" she has managed to tolerate in the By Nature organic. Or anything that might be a derivative of corn.  She can't have carrageenan (or the other seaweed pet food manufacturers are using now to get around the carrageenan issue, can't think of what it is called at the moment, but it is pretty much the same thing) or motomorite clay.  She can't have artificial anything, or dyes or sodium nitrites or sodium nitrates.  If that fake K isn't at the bottom of the list of ingredients, it is too much. (By Nature organic does have the fake K but it is the last ingredient. No xanthanan, no tapioca, no potato.  The list is endless. She doesn't do well with the Tiki either.  It's not organic anyway.

She doesn't seem to do well with all Rad Cat either.  She won't eat Rad Cat with supplements in it.  I can't feed her often enough, if she ate all Rad Cat either, because she would need much less food, and she HAS to have those 17 small meals a day.

I've got about 6 months of the By Nature Organic Chicken & Liver left.  I did order 4 cases of the Turkey & Liver, the last time I tried her on that she didn't do well, but I will try again, because that will give us a whole year, as long as I don't give it to Jennie and Queen Eva.  Not sure what they are going to get instead either, but at least I don't have to worry about their digestive systems like with Mazy.

That By Nature organic was, in my opinion the canned food with the least of the any "evils" in it, of every caned food I have ever looked into for them.

By the way I called PFD today about my order because I was concerned about the expire date since it is a discontinued product.  The expire date for my order is March 2016.  Thank heavens for small favors.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 04:55:15 PM »
I don't have the issues that you have, MC.... and I am just SICK.  I can only imagine your worries! 
I had a feeling things weren't going well for By Nature... too many foods discontinued and too many (flavors I don't buy) unavailable often.
For me and my bunch, maybe it is a "sign" for me to go totally raw... 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »
PS
Petfooddirect sent me a tracking number for the turkey.
Chewy.com sent their apologies. 

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 07:02:51 PM »
Would home-cooked be an option, MC?

I'm so, so sorry about the By Nature Organic.   :(
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »
Would home-cooked be an option, MC?

Good idea, Pookie!  Have you ever considered that, MC?

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 05:07:31 AM »
It crosses my mind now and then but not seriously.  Too worried about doing it wrong and where would I find all the organic things needed? And would she even eat it.  She doesn't like human food, in general.

Tags: