Author Topic: Nutro pet food lawsuit  (Read 4566 times)

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: Nutro pet food lawsuit
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 08:21:54 AM »
 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1
Oh how I wish I'd had the fortitude to look into things as you have done with Barkly & Vlad.  

DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy DrLisaPiersonWorthy

Biggest problem is, the PFI funds virtually everything in the mainstream Associations & veterinary community so very generously -- they'd be biting the hands that feed them.

And the poor young vets, just starting out -- they end up at the McVets because of alllll the incentives and perks, and aggressive recruiting, and real mentors for them apparently do not exist  :'(  The turnover allows even more young vets to start out @ these hellholes.  

Veterinarians like the ANGEL we were blessed with for so long (before moving) have staffs who have been with them for years and years and years....no turnovers unless people move, or retire. 

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:23:57 AM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Nutro pet food lawsuit
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 08:51:20 AM »
I'm still working on how to word a letter to those lawyers. I want answers. I'm sick of never getting answers about these foods

And the poor young vets, just starting out -- they end up at the McVets because of alllll the incentives and perks, and aggressive recruiting, and real mentors for them apparently do not exist  :'(  The turnover allows even more young vets to start out @ these hellholes. 

My husband says that the vet we've used since I was 24 (that's 27 yrs) is getting ready to retire and that's why such a young one is in the office interning now. I'm hoping he stays, b/c I like him a lot better than the other 2 "extras" in my vet's office. I LOVE the first vet that owns the practice who has always allowed me to be a big part of the decision making with my dogs--and taken a LOT of time explaining a lot of things to me (arthritis, etc. in dogs) instead of just telling me, "He needs this," or "Do this." He's always saying, "We have these options..."

And the poor young vets, just starting out -- they end up at the McVets because of alllll the incentives and perks, and aggressive recruiting, and real mentors for them apparently do not exist  :'(  The turnover allows even more young vets to start out @ these hellholes. 

Those poor young vets are so inundated with bills that it's scary. They're ripe for the picking for the McVets. Human Dr's can get help with school bills from a gov. program by going into areas that are picked for them--areas that have no medical care at all so to speak--but there's no such thing for Vets that I know about. That's how I think a lot of the McVet places get so many of the new ones. BILLS!

The new vets have to rely on being "the best of the best" in their class to get a job, in a GOOD established practice, like the young one we're seeing now. (He graduated in spring of 2012 as highest in his class. [It's also how our daughter-in-law is working as a vet-tech in a vet's office without any real vet-tech school for companion animals. High grades in zoology. But all her practical experience is in the zoo there.])

Somehow this young vet did his own research on a lot of things, like food, and doesn't freak out when I tell him what they eat. He's actually told me these are 2 of the most beautiful dogs he's ever seen--coat quality; bright white teeth; weight. He at least knows what I'm talking about when I tell him what I believe is best. If/When our old vet retires and he ever leaves this practice, I'll be looking for a new place despite knowing all the office staff and techs for almost as long as I've known the practice's owner. I'm not going to have an argument every time I take them for their well-puppy-checkups or they need something's-wrong-care.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:01:45 AM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: