Author Topic: Freezer Panic  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Freezer Panic
« on: May 20, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »
I want to use up almost everything, so I don't have any date issues.  However, I start getting nervous when the freezer is this empty... because if there are issues with any suppliers... our entire routine changes.  Lacy dog just goes with the flow.  Nothing bothers her.  The cats... different story! 

OT-ish When I fed kibble, Lacy would eat whatever was given to her, but was often suspicious (to use MiddleChild's wording).  With raw... I can put anything on her plate.  She doesn't skip a beat! 

Anyway, I put in several huge orders today.  I can always make my mortgage payment another time.   Silly7

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:29:28 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Freezer Panic
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 03:20:23 PM »
Believe me, you're right to feel panic. You know why. LOL
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 03:34:02 PM »
I was doing pretty good not panicking, until I got food from the freezer today.  I thought of you.  I blame you.  ;)  However, many online retails thank you.  lol

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »
Believe me. I'm a MUCH happier person going down there and seeing almost full freezers. I've got plenty of sharpies to know what's the oldest. LOL
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 06:07:51 PM »
Feeding as many as you do, I would be uncomfortable with that amount of back stock too.  I worry all the time that my gorcery store will stop carrying the Coleman's breasts and thighs that I get for Mazy cat (certified organic non GMO verified project) OR the whole roasters, which is how I get her liver.

Unfortunately I can't stock up on it, much, because I have no where to put it. I have two pounds each of the breast and thighs in my friend's freezer, but I have to take a chance that there will be a roaster available next time I am getting low on liver for her.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 06:35:14 PM »
I wouldn't want to depend on a grocery store either!  I'm not one to shop at more than one store, so I would be very limited.  I keep meaning to look for whole roasters... mostly so I can use my new grinder.  :)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 07:27:38 PM »
I wouldn't want to depend on a grocery store either!

Well it's my only source for certified organic, non-GMO project verified meat-locally that is.

I keep meaning to look for whole roasters... mostly so I can use my new grinder.

funny2  Any grocery store will have whole roasters.  You do know you have to remove some of the bone and skin though?  I'm not sure how much. You may have to go to CatCentric for help.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 07:54:45 PM »
I meant I wouldn't want to have to depend on them being in stock.
I wouldn't jump into anything new without getting feedback from you all first.  lol

Tags: