Author Topic: Beyond Meat from Business Insider  (Read 818 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Beyond Meat from Business Insider
« on: July 24, 2014, 01:09:42 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/fake-chicken-beef-meat-from-plants-2014-7

So far, Beyond Meat is the only one with a soy-free alternative with their beef crumbles. It really does taste great. I haven't tried the chicken though b/c I saw that "soy" word.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Beyond Meat from Business Insider
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 02:20:03 PM »
 Viable meat alternatives, made by plants and scientists.  Sounds a little creepy... 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Beyond Meat from Business Insider
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »
Actually the Beyond Mean Beefy Crumbles were a good alternative for when our son was here with his vegetarian girlfriend.

I could actually stand to put it in my mouth b/c there wasn't any soy and it was made with non-GMO green pea protein. No GMOs, no soy in it. It tasted great--but she and I were the  only ones that ate it in the Mediterranean zucchini boats I made. I can't force myself to put most of those things in my mouth because they're soy. I was like that too even before I even found out I was allergic to soy. Beyond Meat's chicken is made from "non-GMO" soy as well, so that was out.

However, son and husband insisted on their usual sweet Italian sausage for the meal though they DID taste of ours with the statement, "Not bad, but it isn't as good as this."
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: