Author Topic: WYSONG LAWSUIT CLAIMS MAJOR PET FOOD COMPANIES ARE MISLEADING CONSUMERS  (Read 1363 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Without an understanding of the specific (and arcane) definitions of pet food ingredients, the average consumer would not know that the salmon filets, lamb chops, racks of lamb, steaks, chicken & turkey breasts are not actually representative of the ingredients in the pet foods. In fact, the "salmon," "lamb," "beef," "chicken," and "turkey" listed in the ingredient panel are of a completely different, and much lower quality/grade (and cost) than the prominent ingredient images suggest.

Consumers are not aware that in pet food parlance, "beef," "chicken," etc. can mean essentially everything but the pictured prime cuts of meats.

(This is not to say that there are not pet food companies, including Wysong, producing foods actually containing premium grade ingredients.)

Such product quality misrepresentation isn't tolerated in any other major industry in the world. However, pet food regulators are inexplicably turning a blind eye to this pet industry practice in spite of a variety of state and federal laws prohibiting it.

Wysong's lawsuits can be found at this link. They are all similar in argumentation on the basis of the defendants' similar product quality misrepresentations:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_lljuZmgytQelM1YndJeVhiSVk

Read the rest at: https://www.wysong.net/WysongLawsuitClaimsMajorPetFoodCompaniesareMisleadingConsumers
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Catgirl64

• Chatter Bug
Re: WYSONG LAWSUIT CLAIMS MAJOR PET FOOD COMPANIES ARE MISLEADING CONSUMERS
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 12:41:56 AM »

Read the rest at: https://www.wysong.net/WysongLawsuitClaimsMajorPetFoodCompaniesareMisleadingConsumers

Guess what I was feeding when everyone, all at once, refused to eat kibble and I started moving toward raw?   :-X  My housemate's dogs, who are NOT picky, wouldn't eat it, either.  I'm over Wysong.

They get credit for one thing:  my fatter cats lost some weight when I gave them dry Epigen mixed with Uretic, after taking them off Science Diet, but that's it.  The Epigen gave my Pom nasty stools the entire time I fed it, and I thought it was just him, until I did away with kibble altogether.  The fact that it's "better" doesn't mean it's good.  I agree with everything they say about the PFI, but they are part of the PFI, too.  I have a bunch of codes from bags of the food to redeem for a coupon.  I may use it to get some canned Epigen, when I get over being mad at them about the fact that I was washing Bandit's bottom every. Other. Day.   
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:55:12 AM by Catgirl64 »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 05:41:19 AM »
I feel the same way about Wysong Catgirl.  It's more an instance of the pot calling the kettle black as the saying goes.  Wysong is no more to be trusted than any of the big ones.  There was a specific issue that caused me to have such mistrust of them but I don't remember what it was. It was a long time ago.

I only remember, Wysong lies, just like the others.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:10:11 AM »
I feel the same way about Wysong Catgirl.  It's more an instance of the pot calling the kettle black as the saying goes.  Wysong is no more to be trusted than any of the big ones.  There was a specific issue that caused me to have such mistrust of them but I don't remember what it was. It was a long time ago.

I only remember, Wysong lies, just like the others.

I remember that. I remember why. It's the fact that they came out with the True Non-Thermal™ Processed Raw Cat Food, still fill their canned with Guar Gum--saying that cats needed all meat, in at least canned form--but still have:

"Wysong premium cat foods are designed to mimic the archetypal carnivorous diet. Each of our dry cat diets is equally suitable for cats of all life stages and breeds, and is designed to be fed in rotation and supplemented with Wysong TNT™ raw cat food diets, healthful canned cat foods, and revitalizing Wysong cat supplements.

Wysong dry cat foods are broken down into three general categories – “Original,” “Optimal,” and “Epigen.” Diets in each category offer health-giving properties and unique nutritional characteristics. Please explore and as always, contact us if you need any help or guidance!
"

While those dry foods are still filled with rice, beet pulp, potatoes, lettuce, carrots, etc. Yeah. You were over the top angry about them keeping the dry foods and talking out of both sides of their mouth.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 05:05:51 PM »
Thanks Dee! yep.  Dry food pet feed manufacturers are all liars.  They make big fat profits from their dry garbage. And that is all.

Tags: